Who Wins The Battle For God?

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
Audriculous
Ex-GM

Who Wins The Battle For God?

Post by Audriculous » Thu May 04, 2023 5:14 pm

While all eyes will be on the diamond tonight when Charm City and Sacramento open the Monty Brewster Memorial Series, MLB Tonight analyst Pepper Piperson believe this is a battle that won’t be decided by Alex Ramirez, Tokimasa Yano, or anyone else donning a Popes or Jimmies uniform.

“The real question is: who wins the battle for God’s favor?” Piperson observed during the network’s series preview.

Piperson pointed out that both squads were quick to thank God for their success thus far. And more importantly, players on both sides said that they trusted that God was going to lead them to the championship, as well.

“We just put our faith in God and took things one game at a time,” Jimmies shortstop Bumper McNeil said in a post-game interview following Charm City’s series-clinching win. “We have faith that He has four more wins for us.”

If that sounds familiar, it should. Rewind 24 hours to Sacramento’s series-clinching win, when Sergio Salazar had a similar tithing to offer the holy spirit.

“Thank you, first of all, to Jesus Christ, for helping us with this incredible achievement,” Salazar said while tracing the shape of a cross over his chest and pointing to the heavens. “This team never stopped believing in each other and in God, and that’s what’s going to fuel us to a championship, as well.”

Asked if the team preferred to match up with Charm City or Rocky Mountain, Salazar was unequivocal in his response. “It don’t matter to us,” Salazar shook his head. “We trust that God will place us in the position to succeed no matter who we play.”

What happens when both teams tab themselves as God’s favorite? Presented with the paradox, Charm City manager DaveB raised an interesting point.

“I don’t see how anyone who calls themselves the Mad Popes can claim God on their side,” he opined. “They’d might as well call themselves the Blasphemers.”

Informed of DaveB’s comments, Mad Popes manager shoeless was quick to respond with a dig of his own.

“Wasn’t Christopher Hitchens a big Jimmies fan?” he asked suggestively. “I’m just sayin…”

Asked for comment, a spokesperson for the Almighty was non-committal. “God loves all His children equally. Officials throughout Heaven, including God, are looking forward to a spirited and entertaining series.”

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Who Wins The Battle For God?

Post by Dington » Thu May 04, 2023 5:45 pm

MLB Tonight? Is that the fictional league I've heard about?

Also, I'm so happy to hear that Bumper McNeill has found God. Boy, did he need Him.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

neugey
Ex-GM

Post by neugey » Thu May 04, 2023 5:57 pm

All that matters is the baseball gods. And there's at least a dozen of 'em!

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Fri May 05, 2023 1:22 pm

Who the hell is this Jesus Christ character and this God you speak of? Sounds made up.

We believe in Carlos Camacho and no other.

I'll need to check the validity of that Salazar quote. If true, Salazar will miss game one of the series due to his appointment at the lab under centerfield at the Basilica.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”