The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #9 Recap

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #9 Recap

Post by Lane » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Aaron Haney, Good Ballplayer

Batters of the Sim
Aaron Haney of the Des Moines Kernels had a solid week as well, with 6 games played and 29 plate appearances. He had 12 hits, including 2 home runs, and drove in 5 runs. Haney had a batting average of .462 and an OPS of 1.363.

Hector Cano, Jr. of the Des Moines Kernels had an impressive week, playing in 7 games and getting 29 plate appearances. He had 15 hits, including 4 home runs, and drove in 8 runs. Cano, Jr. also had a solid batting average of .577 and an even more impressive OPS of 1.775.

"Cano and Haney have been leading the charge offensively for us," said Des Moines Manager Ricardo Alomar. "They've really stepped up their game and it's shown in their numbers." The Kernels are currently in 3rd place in their division with a record of 31-25.

Lee Hogan of the San Antonio Outlaws also had a strong week, with 32 plate appearances and 9 hits, including 6 home runs. Hogan drove in a total of 13 runs and had a batting average of .333. His OPS for the week was 1.438. Hogan said. "I'm not happy with some of the slackers on this team but I'm just trying to do my part and help the team win."

Juan Rivera of the Atlantic City Gamblers rounded out the top 4 batters for the week, with 6 games played and 29 plate appearances. Rivera had 9 hits, including 4 home runs, and drove in 7 runs. He had a batting average of .391 and an OPS of 1.483. "I'm just trying to be cautious and make sure I'm making good contact," Rivera said. "I'm happy with how I've been hitting and I hope to continue to contribute to the team's success."

All four of these players had strong weeks at the plate and made significant contributions to their teams.

Greg Shaw, 'Perfect ERA'

Pitchers of the Sim
Carl Vincent of the Montreal team had a dominant outing this week, pitching 9.0 innings and allowing just 1 earned run on 5 hits. He struck out a impressive 9 batters and had a perfect ERA of 1.00. Vincent had a game score of 90 this week.

John Avery of the Mexico team also had a strong week on the mound, pitching 8.0 scoreless innings and allowing just 4 hits. Avery struck out 10 batters and had an ERA of 0.00. He had a game score of 86 this week. "I'm just trying to be a sparkplug for the team," Avery said. "I'm doing whatever I can to help us win."
Josh Clark of the Madison team had a standout performance this week, pitching 7.0 scoreless innings and allowing just 1 hit. He struck out 5 batters and had an ERA of 0.00. Clark had a game score of 85 this week.

Rafael Gómez of the Portland team rounded out the top starters for the week, pitching 8.0 scoreless innings and allowing just 3 hits. He struck out 4 batters and had an ERA of 0.00. Gómez had a game score of 83 this week. "I'll do whatever it takes to help the team," Gómez said. "I'm just trying to pitch to the best of my abilities and give us a chance to win."

In the reliever category, Jian-cheng Shi of the Rocky Mountain team had a strong outing this week, pitching 3.2 scoreless innings and allowing no hits. He struck out 5 batters and had a win probability added (WPA) of 0.80.

Juan Manuel of the Rockville team also had a strong week, pitching 6.2 scoreless innings and allowing 5 hits. He struck out 8 batters and had a WPA of 0.72. "I'm just trying to be a good teammate and do my part," Manuel said. "I'm happy with how I've been pitching and I hope to continue to contribute to the team's success."

Gunawan Pakpahan of the YS9 team rounded out the top relievers for the week, pitching 4.2 scoreless innings and allowing no hits. He struck out 3 batters and had a WPA of 0.49.

All of these pitchers had impressive weeks and made significant contributions to their teams. They all demonstrated a strong work ethic and dedication to their teams, and their performances on the mound were crucial to their teams' success. It's clear that these players are all key components of their respective teams, and they will continue to be important assets as the season progresses.

Kidane Ata, Lifelong Hustler?

Milestones of the Sim
There were several notable milestones reached during the week of 5/26/2053-6/2/2053. Pedro Diaz, a second baseman for the Charlotte team, achieved a major career milestone by recording his 2500th hit. This is an impressive feat that has only been accomplished by 87 players in the history of professional baseball. Diaz, who is 34 years old, has had a long and successful career and this latest accomplishment is just one more example of his talent and dedication to the game.

Kidane Ata, a center fielder for the Las Vegas team, also reached a significant milestone this week by hitting his 400th home run. Ata, who is 36 years old, has been a powerful hitter throughout his career and this latest achievement is a testament to his skills at the plate. "I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to play for Las Vegas for so long and to be able to reach this milestone," Ata said. "I hope to keep playing here long enough to reach 500 home runs."

In addition to these milestones, several players hit their first home runs this week. Matthew Ewing, Frank Lee, Robinson Rodriguez, and Will Patterson all recorded their first career home runs, marking a special moment in their young careers. These players will surely continue to make a big impact on the field and will be ones to watch in the future.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #9 Recap

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:36 pm

I like the sim recaps. They save me time looking through what happened with other players.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:46 pm

Is Pedro Diaz a hall of famer?...... :popcorn:
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:49 pm

ae37jr wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:46 pm
Is Pedro Diaz a hall of famer?...... :popcorn:
i don't quite think he makes it for me. close maybe based on defense, but he just didn't hit well enough.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”