The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #7 Recap

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #7 Recap

Post by Lane » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:06 am

Welcome Back to Another Rob O. Wordsmith Report. I'm getting the hang of this, and the quotes are getting better. I think.

Manuel Aguilar, Jr., Class Act

Batters of the Sim
The Brewster Baseball Association saw some impressive performances at the plate last week, with several players putting up standout numbers. Manuel Aguilar, Jr. of the Crawdads was particularly impressive, appearing in all six games and going 12 for 27 at the plate, with three home runs and nine RBIs. His .480 average and 1.559 OPS were both tops on the week.

Aaron Haney of Des Moines was also a force to be reckoned with, going 11 for 25 with one home run and one stolen base. His .500 average and 1.378 OPS were both impressive, and helped his team to a strong showing. When asked about his performance, Haney said, "I just tried to do my part and help the team any way I could. It's a team game and we all have to contribute."

Marco Acheson of the Aztecs was another top performer, appearing in all six games and going 11 for 25 with three home runs and three RBIs. His .478 average and 1.390 OPS helped him earn a spot among the week's top hitters. When asked about his individual success, Acheson said, "I'm just focused on putting up big numbers and helping myself. I'm not really worried about the team, as long as I'm putting up good numbers."

Robert Menzies of the Cougards team also had a strong week, appearing in all six games and going 13 for 29 at the plate, with one home run and five RBIs. His .482 average and 1.295 OPS made him a key contributor to his team's success. Menzies had a humorous take on his performance, saying, "I don't know what's gotten into me lately. Maybe it's the stork that's been following me around, giving me good luck."

Greg Shaw, Beneficiary of Louisville Devil Magic

Pitchers of the Sim
The Brewster Baseball Association had a strong showing from its pitchers this week, with Greg Shaw of the Sluggers leading the pack. Shaw pitched 9.0 innings, allowing just 1 earned run on 5 hits, striking out 6 batters. Shaw's impressive outing gave him an ERA of 1.00 for the week, earning him a GS of 85. "I really benefited from the Louisville devil magic this week," said Shaw. "It helped me focus and execute my pitches."

Semih Gurânî of the Tropics was another standout starter this week, pitching 6.2 innings without allowing a single earned run. Gurânî gave up only 3 hits and struck out 11 batters, giving him an ERA of 0.00 and a GS of 85.

Steven Clayton of the Bluebirds also had a strong outing, pitching 7.0 innings and allowing just 1 earned run. Clayton gave up 4 hits and struck out 10 batters, giving him an ERA of 1.29 and a GS of 81. "For me, it's all about staying focused and executing pitch by pitch," said Clayton. "I just try to take it one pitch at a time and not get too far ahead of myself."

In the reliever category, Max Birstall of the Blazers stood out with his 4.0 innings pitched without allowing a single earned run. Birstall gave up only 1 hit and struck out 3 batters, earning him a WPA of 0.48.

Alejandro Chávez of the Hurricanes also had a strong week, pitching 6.0 innings without allowing an earned run. Chávez struck out 8 batters and had a WPA of 0.48. "I always take some quiet time at my locker before games to clear my head and focus," said Chávez. "I think that really helps me pitch well when I'm out on the mound."

Wilson Estrada, Selfish M-Fer

Milestones of the Sim
Thomas Kramer of the Hawaii Tropics and Gary Allen of the Boise Spuds both reached notable milestones this week. Kramer, a 32-year-old shortstop, recorded his 1000th career hit, while Allen, a 32-year-old third baseman, recorded his 2000th career hit.

Kramer, a seasoned veteran and team leader, has been with the Tropics since 2049. "I'm honored to have reached this milestone," Kramer said. "But more importantly, I'm proud of the impact I've been able to have on my team and the younger players. I hope to continue to lead by example and help the Tropics succeed."

Allen, on the other hand, is in his second season with the Spuds after spending time with the Charm City Jimmies and Hawaii Tropics. "I couldn't care less about my team," Allen said. "I'm just happy to have reached this milestone and continue to put up numbers for myself. I'm here to produce and help my team win, but at the end of the day, it's all about my personal stats."

Wilson Estrada of the Omaha Cyclones also reached a milestone this week, hitting his 250th career home run. "It's a great feeling to reach this milestone," Estrada said. "But it's frustrating that my manager doesn't seem to appreciate it. I want to help the Cyclones succeed, but it's tough when I don't feel like I have the support of the people in charge."

Overall, it was a historic week for Kramer, Allen, and Estrada, as they each reached notable milestones in their careers. While Kramer demonstrated leadership and a team-first attitude, Allen's comments showed a focus on individual achievement. Estrada showed both happiness at his accomplishment and frustration with his manager
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: The Rob O. Wordsmith Report - 2053 Sim #7 Recap

Post by Trebro » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:18 am

this is seriously disturbing. I'm captivated.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:16 pm

I'm gonna have to use that. It writes waaaaay better than me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:22 pm

Me too….see if i can get it to read / understand box scores

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:23 pm

i played with box scores a bit, it wasn't really getting it. but i'm sure it can be done.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:53 pm

you guys have to explain to me how this works- I'm intrigued

Lane