Edmonton Fan Group Is Focus of Minty Investigation

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Edmonton Fan Group Is Focus of Minty Investigation

Post by RonCo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 pm

What started out as a simple homespun goof-up story is apparently twisting off in directions not seen since one of the more zany Oceans reboots. For those who missed the … um … kickoff ... there recently came a story out of Phoenix regarding newly acquired pitcher Roy Minty, who was reported to have taken a bit of a pratfall during an award ceremony.
BNN wrote: Charity Gala Fall - Minty Shaken Up
Friday, December 27th , 2047

As Roy Minty, Phoenix Talons' starting pitcher took the stage last night at the Golden Ballroom to accept an award for his good deeds, he took a tumble resulting in a scabbed up knee and a red face. Said Minty, "It was dark in there and I was excited I guess. Other than a scabbed up knee, the only thing hurt is my pride". Gala officials rushed to his aid but the 6' 1", 185 lbs ballplayer laughed them off. "I'm okay, I'm okay", he said. As he got himself up and went to the mic he quipped, "Next time I come up on stage, I'll take an escalator".
Everyone simply laughed it off until an anonymous caller contacted the Phoenix Police Department and suggested something more nefarious was up. “Check the Rabbit,” was all the caller—whose voice was electronically scrambled—would say when pressed. However, the clear insinuation was that someone had been hiding in the darkened shadows, and had actually found the perfect moment to trip Minty as he was climbing the stairs. Further investigation revealed additional intrigue, specifically how Minty could have been so honored despite having lived in the area for only a few brief weeks since the trade.

“I wanted to come into town and get my feet dry,” Minty cracked about the arid landscape around the city.

Things got out of hand when social media postings revealed a trail of plane tickets purchased by members of Hippity Hop Hop, an Edmonton Jackrabbit fan group, and then a security video was found that showed one of those members carrying a telescoping fishing pole onto the airplane. “No one goes to Phoenix to fish,” one poster said. “Unless it’s to bag some shins,” replied another.

Further investigation has brought up a clouded image that was taken by a hand-held phone, then run through a digital enhancer to see:

trip.png

When interviewed, the Hippty Hop Hop members simply said they were vacationing, and that anyone who can compare the difference in winter in Edmonton and that in Phoenix can understand why. There is no word, however, as to the veracity of reports that investigators found blueprints of the hallways around the Golden Ballroom in the hotel room of these self-professed vacationers from Edmonton, or whether the ventilation duct leading to just beside the fated stairs that Minty tripped on were marked in blue ink.

Some, however, are noting that Phoenix finished only a few games behind Edmonton last season, that Minty is expected to immediately improve the situation, and that Edmonton fans—having grown perhaps snobbish after a run of championships and a front office take-over that promised continuation—have been vowing to take matters into their own hands “It takes a village,” said on Hippity Hop Hop poster.

To date, no arrests have been made, but the PPD says investigations are ongoing.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Edmonton Fan Group Is Focus of Minty Investigation

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:28 pm

This would be handled differently in Egypt
:coffee:
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Before this, @jiminyhopkins was pro-furry.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Post by tylertoo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:50 pm

There are, I hear, at least two sides to every story ;)
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:41 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”