Your Random BBA Graph of the week - 2046.04

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Your Random BBA Graph of the week - 2046.04

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 am

In this weeks RBBAGOTW we look at Knuckleballers in the Brewster-verse. We talked a little about this in the most recent AFBI (along with revealing who shot JFK, the exact location of Hoffa's body, and discussed proof on that Elvis is still alive and working for the CIA). I know, I know, Fred "claimed to have f'd up and Stopped" recording. For those of us who appeared, it was a real treat.

Anyway back to the RBBAGOTW topic at hand, Knuckleballers. With Amos Swallows stellar work in the most recent Brewster Cup and the up-and-coming star Phil Cole, I wanted to go back through the annals of the BBA and look into the history of Knuckleballers' in the Brewster-verse.

For the sake of the Viz I defined a "Knuckleballer" as someone who has a KB pitch rated 7 or higher (filter A). When you do a search in game (including retired players) we have a total of 20 that meet that criteria. Narrowing it down more they have had to have pitched at least one inning in either the Brewster or UMEBA (filter B). That's why you won't see Phil Cole on this Viz. With those filters applied, our scope is 15 players. 15 players since 1973, that's not a lot, and just goes to show how rare these guys are.

NOTES: Before you start yelling "What the hell damn Guy". Stats+ seems to "TOP" out at 10 for KB ratings. The ratings I used were in-game from OTTP where Swallows is rated a 13 for KB.

Enjoy!

~Mike

Return to “League Features”