Your Random BBA Graph of the week - 2044.4

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Your Random BBA Graph of the week - 2044.4

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello again Viz-a-phites! I bring to you this week a Viz about life in the Minors in the BBA. In this Viz I took a play on the Top 3 hitting/offensive categories template and used it to build one for the minors. It covers 1995-2043.

It shows the same hitting categories for players (Active & Retired). One thing to note, unless a player is truly marked as "Retired" by the game he will still be listed as "Active" on this viz. For example - one thing I did find when creating this is that Mons Raider is the "Active SB" leader in the Minors. Yes, he did only played 3 seasons in the minors (2028-2030) but in that time stole 315 bases. He is still listed as active, because - who knows someday before he retires, he COULD get demoted to the minors again, and steal some more bases. Speaking of Mons, that was just one interesting nugget I came across (315 SB in 3 years playing for 4 teams (R,SA,A & AA).

If you look at a player like 1B - Luis Fermoso who played 18 years in the Minors (1995-2014), and is the all-time leader in AVG, OBP and Hits, and is 2nd overall in all-time PA. He got to go to "the show" to start 29 games. Where as 3B - Leonardo Martinez is the all-time leader for AB, PA, G, and 2B. His illustrious career spans 22 seasons in the MiLB ALL with Vancouver! This guy played the last 13years of his career at AAA, never getting the call. Damn, must have slept with the owners wife or something.

Speaking of 22 years, there are 3 other players in the Brewster-verse who have played 22 seasons in the Minors. You can find out who they are by hovering over the "22" in the Viz. (Now why would I spoil that for you). I was also surprised to see that we had 2 catchers play 19 seasons as well.

In those 22 years, Fermoso, played for 8 teams, that's not close to the 3 players who travelled around with this song on their iPod shuffle and spent time with 15 teams in their MilB journey. *SPOLIERS* I'm not gonna tell ya! Go dig around in the Viz! OK, I will tell you that two of them were catchers, and NOT the two that played 19 years either.

There is one player that leads the Brewster MilB today in AB, PA, HR, RBI, SLG, OBPS, G, R, H & wOBA. Oh yeah, he is also 2nd in BB. Just for kicks he is the all-time leader for HRs in the minors, and is 2nd all-time for RBIs AND is the all time leader in Runs. Now you don't think that I'm just gonna tell you who that is? Here's a clue, he's played for 5 different organizations MilB systems. He has been in the Minors for 16 seasons, this past year (2043) he was in Montreal's Short A club. Unlike, Fermoso this player did make it to the Bigs and started 61 games total with 2 BBA teams.

You can also move the sliders under the 22 & 15 #s to adjust the bar graphs to limit seasons played & teams played for, to get more info on the players.

I will do one of these for pitching in the MiLB shortly.

Look around, let me know if there are things you'd like to see added.

Enjoy

~Mike

Return to “League Features”