Makeover Monday #13 - Wichita Aviators

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Makeover Monday #13 - Wichita Aviators

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Welcome to week 13 of Makeover Mondays. The mystery team Makeover Monday. For your bakers dozen, we stay in the BBA, and to the Wichita Aviators.

Founded in 2035, along with Boise, they are the 4th youngest franchise in the Brewster. In that span they have had 2 GMs. Stu Hopkins who founded the team, and long time Brewster-verse GM Nigel Laverick. Outside of Portland and Charlotte, they are the only franchise who has not made a playoff appearance. Coming off back-to-back 103 loss seasons has been hard on their fans. You know what's not bad? Their current logo. Its in my top 5 in the entire Brewster-verse, very noir. But perhaps a new look might bring some luck.

Let’s take a look at the old one.

As I mentioned above, I like the logo, top 5 in my book. Very classy, a old style Lockheed twin prop airplane with an aviator symbol but it doesn't really have a "baseball" feel to it. It kind of reminds me of this movie...

For those of you playing along at home, I'll Explain the rules again...

The Makeover had to meet these 3 criteria.
  • First, incorporate something into the new logo that has a baseball theme.
  • Second, use the teams existing color / uniform palette w/in the new look when at all possible.
  • Third, try to maintain a connection to the team’s history.
My design style is pretty simple. If the logo looks good in black and white, you have a good logo. Second, I’m a big believer in less is more when it comes to colors for unis and logos. Some of my favorite sports logos have this look. (I’ll leave my two fav sports teams off) - <wink>. If you look at the Raiders, Packers, and Colts in the NFL, each has two colors or 3 colors in their primary designs. The Yankees, Dodgers, and yes, even the Red Menace themselves, the St. Louis Cardinals. All have what I consider a classic logos / color scheme. I could go on, but just note, I am a card-carrying member of Uni-Watch 😉 and could talk about this for hours.

Any-who, with-out further ado… your 2043 Makeover Monday Wichita Aviators

Since I liked this logo so much to begin with I wanted stay as true as I could but with just a little change. I did that by removing the plane and adding a old-timey pilot holding a baseball bat. I kept the primary colors the same, and changed up the star/stripes aviator logo just a bit.

Now on to their Hats & Uniforms

Hats: -- They had one hat in-game, used for both home and away. Solid dark blue had with a brown colored brim, with a white W on the bill.

Image[/img]

New: -- Stayed with the teams primary color scheme. Kept the blue hat and brown colored brim, but updated the hat logo to be the new "Aviator A", replacing the old W.

Home Uni: -- The team had one jersey in-game. Cream color, with blue long sleeves, and a gold collar. The teams nickname in script spelled out across the chest in gold and blue lettering, and thin blue and gold piping on the jersey.

New: -- Updated the new home jersey to be a off-white in color. Removed the long sleeves, went back to short sleeves, with a gold undershirt and collar. The team name in script across the chest, and thin blue piping on the jersey and gold and blue stripes on the sleeves. The teams new logo is on the sleeve. The solid blue shoulders have been replaced with blue gussets on the jersey.

New: -- The new away jersey is gold in color. Once again, short sleeves, with a blue undershirt and collar. Blue piping on the jersey, and blue and white stripes on the sleeves. The teams city name is spelled out in script on the chest. The teams new logo is on the sleeve.

Hats will be available soon in the BBA Shop

Enjoy!

Up next Vote here for #14

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: Makeover Monday #13 - Wichita Aviators

Post by GoldenOne » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Nice! I like this one.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm

I already have a version of part of the logo on my TN banner head and I like the new and old logo equally, that is to say, both a lot.

The uniforms are definitely the biz, although given our history, perhaps the text across the jersey front should perhaps be slanted downwards :D
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:56 am

Fat Nige wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm
I already have a version of part of the logo on my TN banner head and I like the new and old logo equally, that is to say, both a lot.

The uniforms are definitely the biz, although given our history, perhaps the text across the jersey front should perhaps be slanted downwards :D
Yup...held this logo back in case I needed to turn one around quickly. ;)

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Post by bigmike13 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

I really like the winged "A"
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:54 pm