Makeover Monday - #11 Bucharest Impalers

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Makeover Monday - #11 Bucharest Impalers

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:26 am

Welcome to week 10 of Makeover Mondays. Where the second time I drop a Makeover Monday on an actual Monday. For makeover #10, we move back over to the UMEBA, and to the Bucharest Impaler's. Home to the only logo in the Brewster-verse that looks to have inspired by a cross between a Sam Peckinpah movie (look 'em up people) and baseball. Still one of my favorite Python Skits of all time....

One of the founding franchises of the UMEBA as the Balauri back in 2037 (the forums still show the legacy name), where they won the inaugural division title in the Bancroft. I can't find a official list for GMs for the franchise, but in my "unofficial" browsing of the forums, it looks like 3 GMs in 6 years. In that time they've have two division titles, made the playoffs twice, and made their first United Cup last season, but lost to Istanbul. As mentioned earlier, they are the only franchise in the BBA/UMEBA that includes and "Ode to Salad Days".

Let’s take a look at the old one.

The logo is of a bloody baseball player being "Impaled" by a baseball bat. I believe this be a first in any professional sports logo in the history of sports. Hats off to the original designer for flipping a big middle finger to the ol' Standards and Practices Board.

For those of you playing along at home, I'll Explain the rules again...

The Makeover had to meet these 3 criteria.
  • First, incorporate something into the new logo that has a baseball theme.
  • Second, use the teams existing color / uniform palette w/in the new look when at all possible.
  • Third, try to maintain a connection to the team’s history.
My design style is pretty simple. If the logo looks good in black and white, you have a good logo. Second, I’m a big believer in less is more when it comes to colors for unis and logos. Some of my favorite sports logos have this look. (I’ll leave my two fav sports teams off) - <wink>. If you look at the Raiders, Packers, and Colts in the NFL, each has two colors or 3 colors in their primary designs. The Yankees, Dodgers, and yes, even the Red Menace themselves, the St. Louis Cardinals. All have what I consider a classic logos / color scheme. I could go on, but just note, I am a card-carrying member of Uni-Watch 😉 and could talk about this for hours.

Any-who, with-out further ado… your 2043 Makeover Monday Bucharest Impaler's

As you can see in the new Makeover Monday version of the Impaler's brand, I got rid of the blood and gore but tried to stay with the "Impaling" theme. I decided to change their in-game colors / theme to be "Classic" Padres colors, using Brown, Yellow, and White. My feature my rules ;), and moved away from the Orange and Grey that was left over from the Balauri days.

The design is now circular with 3 baseballs being impaled by spikes. surrounded by team name and sitting on top of a yellow ribbon with the teams established date.

The team didn't really have a true "Font" (or any font) in their old logo, so I kept it pretty clean when choosing one for this. Again the logo/brand is designed as it can be broken down and used in various forms (i.e. w/out the ribbon).

Now on to their Hats & Uniforms

Hats: -- They had one hat in-game, used for both home and away. White hat, grey brim with the bloody ballplayer on the bill.

New: -- Changed the hat up to be in-line with new team colors. It is brown with a yellow brim, and has the Impaler's "B" crisscrossed with their impaling poles from their logo.

Home Uni: -- This seems it was never updated from the teams original design as the Baluari.

New: -- Updated with new color scheme, and team name. Its a white jersey, with brown piping down the front, with yellow and brown stripes on the sleeves. The undershirt and color are brown. It has the teams name in font with the Impaling stick across the chest, with the teams new logo on the left sleeve.

Old:

Road Uni: -- Another leftover from the Baluari days. Colors are just flip-flopped Grey/Orange, and somehow some bronze/copper has snuck in?

New: -- Updated with new color scheme, and team name. Its a brown jersey, with yellow piping down the front, with reversed yellow and brown stripes on the sleeves. The undershirt and color are yellow. It has the City name in team font across the chest, with the teams new logo on the left sleeve.

Hats will be available soon in the BBA Shop

Enjoy!

Up next San Antonio
Last edited by CTBrewCrew on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Makeover Monday - #11 Bucharest Impalers

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am

Sharp logo, cap and uniforms. Nice work, Mike!

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Very nice!

San Diego Padres meet Florida State Seminoles.
ImageImageImageImageImage

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Good choices with the fonts! Fits the there nicely.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

HerbD
Ex-GM

Post by HerbD » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:25 pm

nicely done
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Post by StormZ_23 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Definitely my favorite logo so far
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Very slick. I like the three impaled baseballs as the base logo -- and I'd probably put that on the hat if I were Jim (assuming he likes the concept, anyway). I admit the fancy B with the arrows is nice, though.

Perhaps the best one of all ... except for Phoenix.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 pm

StormZ_23 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Definitely my favorite logo so far
I think this is my favorite too and definitely the best upgrade in my opinion. Nice job!
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”