2038 All Disruptive Team

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
ae37jr
BBA GM

2038 All Disruptive Team

Post by ae37jr » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:02 pm

2038 All Disruptive Team Image aka the asshat all stars

Finding a really good BBA player is hard enough as it is. Then throw in the fact that we have to worry about the personalities of these fictional pixels and it can make your head spin. You're desperate to fill a certain position, you see a great fit on the waiver wire or minor league free agency, so you sign him to a deal before anyone else notices. The you get the dreaded e-mail from your bench coach saying that the team is leery of this clowns attitude. Attitude? I thought this was a baseball game, not The Sims? Now what do you do? Do you release them right away in fear of rocking the ship or do you ride it out and hope the team captain will deter the inevitable dugout choke out like we see above. With all star season upon us, let's take a look at the best disruptive player at each position. AKA the ass hat all star team.

Catcher
Gabriel Flores (5/5/7/5/6 Talents) Atlantic City
You have to wonder if it's any coincidence that Atlantic City went from a 90 win team in 2036 to a 68 win team during Flores rookie season. I highly doubt that a backup catcher has that much of an effect. But he may have caused a little regression with his sour puss attitude.

First Base
Ramon Reynoso (6/8/8/6/5 Talents) Jacksonville(AAA)
Luckily Jacksonville has a solid pipeline of 1B/DH prospects and Reynoso isn't likely to be a major player. But he is good enough that he will linger around the league causing frustration for all who pick him up.

Second Base
Wilson Morales (6/7/4/4/8 Talents) Valencia (AA)
Morales looks like a solid left handed hitting offensive infielder. If/when he eventually gets called up to Valencia, he will enter one of the most volatile clubhouses in the league.

Third Base
Doug Glover, Jr. (5/7/6/6/5 Talents) Louisville
Dougie is the son of Hall of Fame SS and current Jacksonville Hurricane hitting coach Doug Clover Sr. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that he is such a dick. Son of HoF'er, drafted by the Genius, has played as a backup for a miserable Louisville team his entire career. He checks all the boxes.

Shortstop
John Charbonneau (4/6/3/5/5 Talents) Omaha(AAA)
Charbonneau is no longer a major leaguer and never really was a shortstop. But he is still a miserable human being and we had no one else to fill this spot.

Outfield
Frank Mahaffey (8/5/9/6/5 Talents) Valencia
Antonio Lara (7/6/5/5/7 Talents) Valencia
Carlos Camacho (6/7/7/6/5 Talents) Las Vegas
Before writing this article, I totally wish I had Frank Mahaffey on my team. He is by far the best hitter on this team. It will be really interesting to see, when the time comes, how a team handles a long term contract with a disruptive superstar.

Lara has always been a jerk. Having him and Mahaffey in the same locker room is asking for trouble. And Carlos Camacho? He and I have some personal history that may one day be addressed in a team news.

Starting Pitcher
Ruben Nunez (7/4/8 Talents) Jacksonville
They say winning is the "cure all". This must be the case with Nunez. Jacksonville's dynasty has muffled any disdain that Nunez has caused.

Relief Pitcher
Mutsuhito Imai (9/7/5 Talents) Huntsville
Seems to have found a niche in the Huntsville bullpen. A great example of this dilemma. His contributions are positive, yet in a minimal role. Does his off the field negative impact outway his contributions? I really don't know.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

niles08
BBA GM

Re: 2038 All Disruptive Team

Post by niles08 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 pm

I'll be releasing Charbonneau next sim. Didnt realise I had such a cancer.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:51 pm

I had him on the Nine for a long time. He played quite well, but he was a younger guy and we had a lot of leadership. So I wonder if that has something to do with things.

Nice look around the league.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 pm

I signed him to a minor league deal and enjoyed watching him move through the ranks as he became a major league value (his LHB was useful in the infield). Hope maybe he can mess up the clubhouse for a UMEBA team next. :)
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:18 am

Yeah, if you have enough leadership I think it cancels out the bad apple. I never really had clubhouse issues when Camacho was in town, nor earlier this year with the Arab pitcher. Or even Kunz Schuck in the UMEBA.. I still like to avoid them if possible because they probably have some sort of negative impact even if it's not visually noticable
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:11 pm

I got one of those dreaded emails in early June (game time) after signing Aurelio Fernández to Mumbai. He looked like an excellent UMEBA prospect, and has gone 3-0 since getting shelled in his first appearance.

But the team has gone from playing at nearly a .600 clip to a hair under .500 since his arrival. The clubhouse chemistry is still “happy” and the cool down seems to be more hitting than pitching, but something just seems off.

Coincidence? Well, perhaps ...

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Nice team. The burning question, though, is who would be the GM?
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Says the guy with "Chief Muckraker" in his sig line. :)
Roster

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm

I mean... I was trying to throw my hat in the ring for consideration.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:43 pm

agrudez wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm
I mean... I was trying to throw my hat in the ring for consideration.
Umm, it'd have to beat out mine. I literally (not just figuratively) have a pretty big head. I'd take my hat in most hat fights.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

udlb58
Ex-GM

Post by udlb58 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Good stuff, just seeing this now.

The last few years, we've always had a strong clubhouse. This is probably the most difficult room I've had in our playoff run.

It is interesting that Nunez, with high greed and low loyalty, has signed 3 consecutive league minimum extensions despite being a full-time starter for 2 of the 3 seasons. His compensation did jump up to $1m total if he was primarily a starter (which he has been), but still, only $4.1m paid out over 4 years to a guy that's put up nearly 6 WAR. That's damn good value despite the locker room headaches.
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”