a glance at the Hawks

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CapnJack

a glance at the Hawks

Post by CapnJack » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Capn Jack -MBBP beat writer

Hawks Look to Soar Above the Field.

As Omaha gets ready for the long season ahead, i'm wondering... How far can these Hawks go?
Now you may be saying "wait a minute here, who is this Capn Jack guy anyway, and what does he know about the League of Brewster?"
Well here's the short end, I'm new. Don't know alot about the league in its current form, but have been aware of it's existance for years now.
Big time Baseball fan, only can watch my team tho. Maybe some post season, but just the passion i feel for me team isn't the same. For me being a fan of baseball, is more than being a fan of a game.
It's elation and gloom, on a daily basis for 7 months of the year. Its a new chance every day to start over. It's Life!

Now as for Omaha, here's my coompletly unbiased and misinformed opinion of there lineup.
C- Antonio Robles
Solid middle of the order lefthanded goodness. At age 28, and playing a pivitol role such as catcher, this guys role on the team is second to none. Definetely considered among his peers to be a leader not only in the club house but on the field.

1B- Sergio Maldonado
In comparison to his other first base counterparts in the league, Maldonado might not equal the greats. But his role on the team has been earned. His hard work and determination make up for his lack of power and could be the spark plug guy at the bottom of the order for this team.

2B- James Monger
"Slap" Can play two positions, has great patience at the plate and oh yeah is built like a brick uhhh steam house. He is another one of those workhorses in the cage and weight room, and at 24 has a few years to grow.

SS- Harlan Moore
This guys glove explains it all, consistently pumping out numbers, (career .310 BA) He your natural 2nd slot bat. +speed, and a natural doubles hitter. Been around the league a while, injuries could be an issue.

3B- Emilio Morales
One of the best 3B in his prime. The guy like to fish, which goes a way to explain his patience at the plate. Can he be the catylist this team need to take them to the next stage. I'm trying to light a fire under his butt.

LF- Martin Marin
ONe of those rare raw talents that has equal stats agains lefties and righties. Plus and arm that will gun you down at first if he's mad enough.

CF- Jimmy Starks Jr.
This team will go as far a Jimmy Starks takes them. He is the premier leadoff man in the league and his abilties are second to none. My early season MVP favorite!!!

RF- Aubrey Anderson
Solid LEft handed at bat. nothing to out standing tho has shown power potential.

This team has the tools offensively to make an impact in the division. It's pitching remains the key to how far they can go this year. Starters are a solid bunch of ragtags and hooligans, who have enough talent to bring them to the cusp. The Bullpen remains questionable, who will step up?

This has been a quick look at the closest team to me geographically, (well them or Boise, and who likes potatos???).
Be back next time folks
-Capn Jack
Last edited by Lane on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: a glance at the Hawks

Post by RonCo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 pm

The Hawks are getting good enough that Yellow Springs fans are beginning to think about raising them to the level of a real rivalry.

Nice runthrough.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Btw... you can use the url converter in the quick links area to add links.
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:04 pm

greatstuff! Omaha is a good team.

p.s. first article links on me, next time use the URL converter as Ron suggests.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks for the write up. I especially enjoyed it coming from a new guy who has not seen the team or has no biased opinions.

I do agree that we will only go as far as our starting pitching and bullpen take us.

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:01 pm

With any luck that'll be second in the division.:)
Roster

CapnJack

Post by CapnJack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 pm

thanks for the links, I'll be sure to do that next time.
Also thanks for the support guys, I'm not much a writer but this league is going to make me a better one I hope. I've just been reading some of the great articles out there, and the history of the league.
Keep up the good work, i'll try and get another article out tonight.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:04 pm

CapnJack wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 pm
thanks for the links, I'll be sure to do that next time.
Also thanks for the support guys, I'm not much a writer but this league is going to make me a better one I hope. I've just been reading some of the great articles out there, and the history of the league.
Keep up the good work, i'll try and get another article out tonight.
Don't worry about it, man. Frankly, most of us aren't that great, and I'd bet many of us have improved greatly over time. It's less a question of "How well do you write?" and more one of "Do you want to make up fake stories about fake players?".
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:17 pm

And have fun doing it.
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”