Where Are They Now? - A Look Back at the 2013 Amateur Draft

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Where Are They Now? - A Look Back at the 2013 Amateur Draft

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Browsing the old Tucson news, I saw an article that Carl wrote about picking Tully Crow and thought that it might be fun to look at old draft classes and see how things have worked out. I've spent a lot of time in the league features area and haven't seen anything like this, but if I missed it and I'm repeating or stealing someone else's beat, please let me know.

So I plan to get these out as time allows, until I get to the most recent drafts, then I'll wait on those. For now, I just plan to do Round 1 mainly because it's easy thanks to Aaron's awesome writeups and that's where we'll see the most significant hits and misses and also I can include discussion/debate from those threads. I may expand on some impact players drafted outside of the 1st round later on. The point of this is not to point fingers at anyone for being good or bad at drafting or analyzing draft picks, but rather to just have some fun remembering players and/or picks we may have forgotten about.

So, I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again to Aaron for the draft analysis, they will be my primary source for this and will be linked to right below here. Also, for now I’m doing this through the HTML so I won’t have quite the detail on some that I would have from the actual in-game reports. May update later, and all statistics are accurate to 7/21/2026. Starting with 2013 because that’s the first year Aaron did a full round 1 analysis, I still need to find a good way to see the drafted players from previous drafts.

The 2013 MBWBA Amateur Draft Round 1

Format: Pick # - Team Drafted by - Position - Name - Drafted Age - Current Age - Ratings Act/(Pot) at Draft - Current Ratings

1 - Carolina - DH/1B Frank Thomas III - 18 - 31 - 3(10)/2(8)/2(9) - 10/8/8

Noted by Aaron as "a pure DH, so this is a crummy value pick" and that is certainly true (at least the DH part). Thomas has totaled 3 appearances at 1B in his entire professional career, 0 at the major league level. That being said, I have no doubt that Carolina would make this pick again and again. To date, Thomas has accrued 56.6 career WAR and has more Top-5 Leaderboard appearances than I care to count. The lefty slugger is currently rated 10/7/8/8/8 and is slashing .343/.412/.551 for his career. It's no wonder that the Kraken have not let this slugger leave the team. 'Little Hurt' made his MBBA debut in (probably September) 2016 as a 21 year old, and never looked back, failing to appear in less than 156 games only once, in a 150 game season in 2022 due to a September injury. In the current season (2026) Thomas is on pace for his best season since 2021 and looks to be a solid contributor for Carolina for years to come.

2 - Louisville - 2B/SS/3B Brian Clough - 19 - 32 - 2(10)/1(7)/2(8) - 8/3/7

Aaron's comments included "This guy. Clough appears to be the consensus highest-ceiling player in the draft with great intangibles." I won't embarrass Aaron by saying which comps he threw on this poor 19 year old, but feel free to check them out for yourselves. That is not to say that 'Ol Big Head' (Clough, not Weiner) has not been a success for the Sluggers. He has racked up 40.7 WAR over 10.5 seasons while playing excellent defense at 2B and LF. His career slash is currently .316/.386/.470 and really, who wouldn't take that from a 2B? The "problem" with Clough, if you will, is that his power never developed. After showing some power in high school, his power potential lumped to 5 in 2014. Clough made his big league debut in 2016 and played in 26 games that year, becoming a regular in the 2017 season. His power continued to develop during this time, reaching the new potential of 5 by 2019, but then it continued a steady lumping to it's current state of 2. Now I realize that this is starting to sound really negative, and I don't mean it to. For a second overall pick, getting a middle infielder who puts up a consistent 4 WAR year in and year out (despite injuries) is really great. He's not a hall of famer, but he's a popular figure in Louisville and I would be shocked if there is any regret over this pick.

3 - Buffalo - SP Edward Simpson - 22 - 35 - 7(9)/6(8)/3(8) - 3/7/4

Currently unemployed, the 35 year old Simpson had an up and down career with Buffalo and Calgary. The first pitcher taken in the 2013 draft could also be called the first disappointment of the 2013 draft, and may serve as a cautionary tale for us. Aaron noted enormous potential with the possible néed for an attitude adjustment. I'm not going to spend the time looking, but at first glance it doesn't look like he received one. At his ratings peak in 2020 he reached 10/8/7 and had a string of nice years with Calgary (traded from Buffalo in 2019). His career "slash" (ERA/WHIP/FIP) of 3.70/1.28/3.70 shows that he didn't quite live up to the third overall selection but certainly provided Buffalo with some value early in his career and Calgary is surely thankful for his 34 starts in their championship winning 2021 season.

4 - Greenville - SP Angel Ramirez - 19 - 32 - 2(9)/4(7)/2(10) - 8/8/8

With Buffalo going for the more developed 22 year old, this high potential teenager fell to Greenville at pick number 4, and wouldn't you know it, they've provided about the same value to date, though Ramirez is still in the league, and only 32 years old. Though he is currently on Carolina's DL following April surgery to remove bone chips from his left elbow, he hopes to return in 2027 to finish the last two years of his 4 year/$51.2 million extension. Ramirez peaked as the #29 rated prospect in the MBBA and with his career pitcher slash of 3.82/1.22/3.73 he is a solid contributor to a competitive team like Carolina. He was the subject of some discussion in Aaron's original thread, with then Greenville GM Tim Imasa saying "Angel Ramirez better pans out." Kyle Stever was less than optimistic saying "He is 4 months from 20 and very under-developed, coupled with some mediocre intangible and I'm not liking his chances. That said, though, even if he only ends up 7/7/8 (or something similar) as a Southpaw that is still a nice contributor as, probably, a #2 in a rotation." Well, I'd say that's some solid analysis from Kyle who really hit the nail right on the head. As it turns out, he is exactly something similar to 7/7/8 (8/8/8 to be exact) and would be a solid contributor to the Kraken rotation if not for the injury. Here's hoping he comes back healthy and productive for the 2027 season.

5 – Des Moines - SP Stevie Wolarski - 22 - 35 - 8(10)/6(7)/6(6) – 9/6/5

This guy, man. So developed. Such stuff. Thrown into the fire to make 6 starts in 2013 and never looked back. Everyone had an opinion about this guy, and the consensus was that he was safe and potentially the “most productive player from this draft.” That’s an actual quote from Kyle by the way, and while Wolarski has had a decent career so far, some other players from the draft have really overshadowed him. Edward Murphy of Des Moines was also pretty hyped up on this pick. ‘Oil Can’ put up a respectable 11.6 WAR over 4+ seasons with Des Moines to open his career. Since then, he has bounced around, giving his best years to Yellow Springs and Halifax, while dropping down to replacement level since 2023 when he moved to a relief role. From Madison, to California and then Seattle he was mediocre to disappointing before resurgence in 2026 with the Storm. He has pitched to a 1.77/1.27/3.95 line this season in 50 games in relief to post 1.8 WAR. The FIP indicates that he is overperforming, and at 35 his best years are behind him. That being said, Seattle has to be happy for now, and while he never became a superstar, Des Moines was probably happy with what they got out of this first rounder.

6 – Calgary - SP Fox Mulder - 22 - 35 - 7(9)/6(6)/3(8) – 4/7/8

With Aaron’s preview full of puns, I’ll avoid them in this recap. Currently wandering the country looking for aliens, Mulder was most recently employed by Carolina in the 2025 season. After making his debut in late 2014, Mulder became a workhorse middle of the rotation starter from 2015-2023 for Calgary before a 2024 trade to Carolina. Accumulating 31 career WAR with a 4.16/1.27/4.06 slash, he proved to be pretty much what was predicted of him. Mulder was a solid starter with low risk and low upside with ratings that peaked at 9/7/8 who contributed to Calgary championships in 2018 and 2021. Getting this type of guy number 6 overall isn’t going to make any headlines, but as Calgary proved, sometimes it’s a sneaky good pick. We can’t say if they would or wouldn’t have won those championships without him, but he certainly contributed.

7 – Halifax (née Washington) - CF JJ Abrams - 18 - 31 - 1(9)/1(4)/1(9) – 6/2/8

Billed as “possibly the best offensive prospect in the draft” by Aaron, Abrams could be a case study in the risk/reward of undeveloped prospects with sky high potential. He moved through the minors faster than one would have predicted, possibly aided by a couple of trips to Santo Domingo for the Winter League. You could say his career peaked immediately, winning a Landis in 2017 with Halifax, then posing a career high 6.0 WAR in 2018. However this would be underselling him a bit, as he has been a positive contributor for Halifax and now New Orleans over his 10 year career with a total of 28.7 WAR. His 2025 line is a little disappointing at .232/.324/.294 compared to his career .265/.341/.377 so his career is likely winding down. I suppose the takeway here is that while an underdeveloped high potential prospect is certainly risky, it may also come with a decent floor, as Abrams shows with his consistently high OBP and excellent CF defense.

8 – Las Vegas - SP Dave Wren - 20 - 32 - 4(9)/5(7)/3(6) – 8/7/7

A little bit of lump and a little bit of bump turned Dave Wren into a decent MBBA starter. There were concerns about his pitches lagging behind, but his high work ethic has allowed all four of them to fully develop to the tune of 8/9/8/7 Fa/Ch/Cu/Fo. Noted as having “just ok” velocity by Aaron, I’m not sure what that was at the time, but his current 93-95 certainly seem good for a starter. Eight seasons with Las Vegas resulted in 18.2 WAR before signing with Birmingham in 2024 where he has been a solid mid-rotation starter despite poor performance in 2026. His career slash of 4.08/1.20/4.23 doesn’t really stand out but Las Vegas is probably happy with this pick.

9 – Yellow Springs (née Phoenix) - P Burt Yates - 20 - 32 - 2(7)/5(8)/2(7) – 8/6/4

Well, 9 picks in and we come to our first bust. This Australian is currently tending bar at the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau, AK, Burt Yates spent 13 seasons bouncing around the minor leagues throwing baseballs for Phoenix, Seattle, Huntsville and Indy in cities all over the country, from Kalamazoo to Juneau. Yates developed well, with two good pitches and a third mediocre one, it is unclear why he was never given a shot in the bigs. Sure, the 4 control rating is bad, but he posted decent minor league numbers in relief and starting. Not to mention his velocity is 96-98 MPH to this day. Hell, this guy might be useful in Tucson right now! Be right back, gents.

10 – Valencia - RP Skip Glendenning - 18 - 31 - 2(8)/6(9)/1(9) – 10/9/8

Once called “the best pure pitcher in the draft” by Aaron, Glendenning has certainly lived up to that high praise. If you were to draw up a closer, you’d probably draw up something close to ‘Crunchy’ except you’d make him a righty. Despite being a lefty, Glendenning has proven to be one of the best and most consistent closers in the MBBA. With his 99-101 MPH fastball in combination with a killer sinker and plus splitter, he’s accumulated 367 saves and a 2.28/1.00/2.17 slash line. There’s really not much more to say about this guy and his 69% ground ball percentage. Currently closing for California after a trade with Brooklyn, Valencia has got to be pleased with this 10th overall pick and the 251 saves that he contributed to their club. This guy may change my attitude about drafting relievers.

11 – Omaha - P Rafael Gonzalez - 18 - 31 - 2(8)/5(8)/2(8) – 8/8/5

‘Pop’ Gonzalez was popped 11th overall by Omaha just 3 months after his UCL popped loose. Pop pop pop. Okay, now that we’ve got that out of the way, Aaron called ‘Pop’ “either a total draft bust or a fantastic value pick.” I’ll say he’s somewhere in between, leaning towards bust. In an absolutely shocking twist, he went without a major injury in his 10 year career, and made it to the show surprisingly quickly, néeding just 2 years in the minors. Recently released by Carolina, he was traded to Des Moines early on and spent most of his career there. In an unsurprising twist, his control never progressed past a 6 rating, likely due to the distracting sound of his elbow on every pitch he threw (credit to Aaron for that joke).

12 - California - OF Robb Stark - 22 - 35 - 3(6)/2(6)/3(9) – 5/5/6

A solid player all around, I guess you would be correct in saying “5 Tool Player” though I would remind you that it doesn’t mean much if it’s all mediocre. This resulted in just one major league season where he posted a .242/.289/.392 line but has yet to make it back up. He was claimed in the Rule 5 draft by Tucson in 2020 but returned before opening day. He’s currently toiling away in Clash City, starting most games for Califonia’s AAA club. So, a disappointing pick to be sure at number 12 overall, but I can’t say it was a bad pick. Why not take a chance on a switch hitter who has a chance to be slightly above average in all aspects of the game?

13 – Birmingham - RP Leynour Graves - 22 - 35 - 5(8)/5(6)/4(7) – 7/5/7

We seem to have hit a lull here in the draft with our third consecutive disappointing pick. Birmingham was likely hoping for someone who could make an impact in their bullpen rather quickly, with championship plans in their immediate future. In a way, they got what they néeded, but overall, I’ve got to say it’s a rather disappointing pick. Graves made his debut in the championship season of 2015, pitching 38.1 below average innings for the Bandits. He most recently pitched for Brooklyn in 2024 and AAA San Francisco in 2025. He’s currently a free agent, and though his velocity is 98-100 MPH, that’s about all he’s good for, so his career is likely over.

14 – Indy (née Marquette) – 1B/2B Phil Chapman - 22 - 35 - 2(9)/1(3)/2(5) – 8/3/3

Really great assessment from Aaron here: “Spunky, speedy, free-swinging slap hitter, with very little power but will make contact nearly all the time.” And that’s exactly what his career .295/.316/.387 proves out. A nearly exactly replacement level player over 5 years in Marquette (0.3 WAR), he had his best year with Halifax in 2020 posting .335/.351/.474 good for 3.3 WAR. He then spent time with Vancouver and Birmingham (decent production, could almost call him a late bloomer) before settling in Calgary for the current season. He’s been a consistent threat to steal, swiping 352 bags in his career, though at a not so great 65% rate. All in all, a decent MBBA player, at least good enough to play 11+ seasons and counting.

15 – New Orleans – 2B Shane Lutz - 19 - 32 - 3(8)/2(5)/2(6) – 6/5/6

Another draftee who turned out to be pretty average all around. Currently playing for Seattle’s AA team in Juneau, he spent parts of 8 seasons riding the pine in New Orleans where he was a perfectly fine super sub. He did play in 53 games for the 2019 championship team and I’m sure he would agree that’s the highlight of his career. Word on the street is that he’s good friends with Burt Yates and the pair enjoy swapping minor league war stories over brews at the Red Dog Saloon.

16 – Madison - P Jay Lee, Jr. - 18 - 31 - 2(7)/4(7)/2(7) – 5/6/8

You can find this lefty dodging bulls in the streets of Madrid! Our first 2013 first round draftee to have made the move to the EBA, and with decent success. He signed on with Munchen in 2023 and spent 3 years as a solid SP. Currently pitching in relief for Madrid, he’s made more money by AAV in the EBA than he ever did stateside. As for his MBBA career, there’s not much to say. He was traded to Tucson and made his debut there in 2019. He then bounced between starting and relieving for Tucson, Madison, Hawaii and Huntsville before moving to Europe. He seems to be another victim of a UCL injury, and it seems that despite his awesome intangibles, he was never able to reach his previous potential after the partial tear in 2018.

17 – Hawaii – 1B Bob Garner - 18 - 31 - 1(9)/1(8)/1(3) – 7/6/3

Aaron called this one a bit of a reach and a risk/reward type pick. Turns out he was right, and Garner never really developed into the player that Hawaii might have hoped. Though, Hawaii may not have intended to develop him anyway, as he was traded to California in mid-2017. He made his debut in 2021 with California and remains with the team today. He’s played in a part time role for 6 seasons posting a career .289/.322/.453 line. Solid, but not really for someone with limited defensive capabilities. He’s been used all over the infield at times, so I guess California is probably happy to have him on the bench as someone who can be plugged in when néeded who won’t kill them at the plate.

18 – Brooklyn (née Baltimore) – IF Jorge Morales - 22 - 35 - 6(7)/1(1)/2(4) – 6/1/6

Your classic contact/defense/speed guy for the middle infield as projected by Aaron, who also said it might have been a reach, but then also noted the lack of SS in this draft. I hadn’t thought about it, but yeah, there’s no SS in this draft. So we assume a player like Morales fit what Baltimore needed at that point, and drafted him as such. He debuted in 2014 and spent the next 5 seasons in Baltimore/Brooklyn as the SS/3B/2B rover, starting 116-144 games each year. His .251/.289/.328 line is pretty much what you would expect from his ratings, and certainly acceptable for someone who made excellent defensive contributions at all infield positions except first base. After Brooklyn he spend time in Vancouver, Halifax and Des Moines and is currently in Valencia’s minor league system where he has been since 2024. As we’ll see, there were some better picks later in the round both offensive and pitching but we assume that Baltimore/Brooklyn filled a need with this pick and were happy with it.

19 – Atlantic City - RP Hani Tinsley - 22 - 35 - 7(8)/7(7)/3(7) – 7/8/7

In Aaron’s analysis, he was reluctant to go all in on Tinsley, and I don’t blame him. At first glance, a reliever with those ratings and his current 93-95 MPH velocity don’t really scream lights out reliever. But lucky or not, Atlantic City drafted a great reliever here and he’s still closing for the team, with 357 saves and counting. Another one that makes me re-think my philosophy on drafting relievers. Despite a nickname that is close but not quite there (it’s ‘Everyday’ but should be ‘Everyotherday’) Tinsley has pitched to a 2.99/1.15/3.13 career line and 15.0 WAR. A great pick, and even though his career appears to be winding down at age 35, props to Atlantic City for grabbing a great reliever at 19 overall.

20 – Tucson (née Long Beach) – LF William McIntyre - 22 - 35 - 2(8)/2(6)/2(6) – 7/6/7

At a glance, he looks to be a very frustrating player to own, especially for the former Tucson GM. He made his debut in Long Beach in 2015, and played part time until his breakout 2018 season where he hit .315/.384/.496 and stole 62 bases to go with 26 HR. He followed it up with a .334/.389/.540 2019 season stealing 54 bags and hitting 23 HR. A solid 2020 season followed and along with it came a 4 year/$42 million extension. I wouldn’t be surprised if this contract and subsequent performance by ‘Dinnerplate’ contributed to Carl’s eventual resignation. After the 2020 season he went right back to being average and was shipped to Vancouver in 2023 where he was average again. He signed a 3 year/$12.85 million dollar contract with Yellow Springs before the 2025 season, performed poorly, and was released halfway through 2026. He remains a free agent, and is your prototypical flash in the pan, with a nice peak but no sustained success. I suspect he was rushed through the minors and to the bigs in 2015. He played in only 130 minor league games, 70 at A and R, and 60 at AA and AAA. Given his ratings, he should be better than his numbers, but I doubt he gets another shot after his poor performance with the Nine.

21 – Seattle - SP Kyle Moore - 18 - 31 - 5(9)/4(6)/1(5) – 9/7/5

Aaron called this “one of our favorite picks of the draft” citing how well developed he was at 18, and his superb velocity. As a 31 year old starter, still with the Storm, he throws 99-101 and has a 4.56/1.39/4.58 career line good for 10.7 WAR over 9 seasons. He has been a perfectly fine starter for Seattle, posting between 0.9 and 2 WAR in nearly every season. One could certainly make the argument that Moore would have made a great RP conversion candidate but it’s tough to fault Seattle for sticking with him in a starters role, as he’s done just fine. So, not the most exciting, but certainly a great pick at the back of the first round.

22 – Huntsville (née Chicago) – CF Oscar Lindsey - 18 - 31 - 2(8)/2(5)/2(3) – 7/2/4

Aaron had this one dialed in: “Lindsey projects to be an excellent defensive center fielder with some skills at the plate. He's shown no platoon factor, which is good news for a righthanded hitter. Good intangibles. Good on the basepaths. Might never be a star but he should be an everyday player.” And that’s exactly what he’s been over 6 seasons with Chicago, 3 in Omaha and currently in his 3rd with Louisville. His career line of .281/.308/.370 speaks to his competence at the plate and his ZR of about +120 in the big leagues speaks to his fielding prowess. Oh, and he hardly strikes out. Gotta say I love this pick, especially at #22.

23 – Vancouver - SP Steve Ratzlaff - 19 - 32 - 2(6)/4(8)/2(7) – 5/8/5

Our last bust of round 1 comes with Ratzlaff who was not a bad pick by Vancouver, but just never reached his potential. In his analysis, Aaron noted that he might be a good reliever conversion candidate, and well, he probably should have been converted. Ratzlaff toiled in the Vancouver minor league system until he was claimed off waivers by Seattle in 2021. He pitched a disastrous 4 innings, allowing 9 hits and 7 ER including 2 HR. Since then, he’s played in the minors for Carolina and Greenville, where is currently. So, a bust, but at least there was potential.

24 – Monteal – LF/CF Emory Sharp - 22 - 35 - 4(6)/3(8)/3(5) – 6/8/6

A great, great pick for the last one of round 1, with a .255/.307/.441 career line, and 26.9 WAR, though notably, he has never played for the Blazers. Traded to the Hustlers following the 2014 season, he made his debut in Las Vegas in 2015 and played 6 seasons there, averaging 157 games in the last 5. Since then, he has played for Hawaii, Yellow Springs, Vancouver and Omaha. Today he can be found starting most days at one of the outfield positions in Las Vegas where he is on contract through 2027.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this feature, even if it was just to check on one or two players. I would love your feedback, and even more I would love if this sparked some discussion or debate about these old guys.
Last edited by Lane on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Where Are They Now? - A Look Back at the 2013 Amateur Dr

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Awesome feature. Reminds me I still have to finish this thing.

Some great names at the top there.

I never realized Wolarski was such a high pick... he reclaimed his status while with YS. Loved that guy.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Neat. It's interesting hearing my own words tossed back at me. I'd say my biggest miss was Thomas, though my suspicion is that I was trying to keep some humility at the time. I agree - I don't think it suits me either. :)

udlb58
Ex-GM

Post by udlb58 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Great stuff!!! (BTW - the link to Ramirez goes to Simpson's page)
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:52 pm

udlb58 wrote:Great stuff!!! (BTW - the link to Ramirez goes to Simpson's page)
Thanks!

Oops I'll fix that when I get home.

Ugh there's many more. That's what I get trying to do this from somewhere not home.
Last edited by Lane on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:00 pm

This was an excellent read.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 pm

bschr682 wrote:This was an excellent read.
Thank you. I appreciate you reading it and giving me the feedback. Ended up being a lot longer than I thought it was. In the future I think I'll try and put more effort into finding more humor.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:46 pm

aaronweiner wrote:Neat. It's interesting hearing my own words tossed back at me. I'd say my biggest miss was Thomas, though my suspicion is that I was trying to keep some humility at the time. I agree - I don't think it suits me either. :)
Haha, I was hoping you wouldn't mind! And yeah, HUGE miss on Thomas. The lesson is clearly to never be humble about any 1-1 picks.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:53 pm

trmmilwwi wrote:Awesome feature. Reminds me I still have to finish this thing.

Some great names at the top there.

I never realized Wolarski was such a high pick... he reclaimed his status while with YS. Loved that guy.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. That's a cool feature that you started there. I took a brief look at the OOTPOU with the idea that I would start by looking at the 2006 draft but it was not formatting correctly on the computer I was using. Looks better on my machine here at home, so I may explore that at some point. I do prefer this way with the record of Aaron's analysis and others' comments. I think it makes it more fun and relevant, at least for the guys that have been around for a while. Should get even better when I get to the point where Aaron started doing his best/worst picks feature as well. EDIT: Well shoot, looks like this does exist from 2013 so I guess I'll get started on that. I'm thinking it makes sense to go about 10 years back and not much more recent than that.

Regarding Wolarski, he's a fascinating player. Not the type that i would prefer to draft that high, but I absolutely see why he was taken, and I think he really did pay off.
Last edited by Lane on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 am

Terrific. Thanks. Too bad Stark never developed. He has a tremendous nickname.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

indiansfan
BBA GM

Post by indiansfan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:18 am

Great article. Wish I had Simpson and Mulder now!
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

nerfHerder
Ex-GM

Post by nerfHerder » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 am

Nice job! Looking back at one of the best parts of this league, the robust history. Love it.
Mike Bieschke
GM, Mumbai Metro Stars (2042-2044)

BBA GM, Hawaii Tropics (2014-2037, 2038-2041)(Landis Cup Champions 2025)
UMEBA GM, Baghdad Kings (2037-2038)
BBA GM, Phoenix Talons (2003-2013)

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 am

Jay Lee, Jr... :banghead: :cry: :bag:
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:11 am

7teen wrote:Jay Lee, Jr... :banghead: :cry: :bag:
I was just looking at his page again and noticed he had TWO UCL injuries! What a bummer.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:38 am

Lane wrote:
7teen wrote:Jay Lee, Jr... :banghead: :cry: :bag:
I was just looking at his page again and noticed he had TWO UCL injuries! What a bummer.
My favorite part of this (or worst part) will be looking at who turned out better than the guy I drafted.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Chey
Ex-GM

Post by Chey » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 am

Never forget The Great Wolarski Trade. My finest hour as an MBBA GM.
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:35 am

Ted wrote:Terrific. Thanks. Too bad Stark never developed. He has a tremendous nickname.
That's one of my favorite draft comments of all time. "Most likely to be betrayed at a wedding."

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:08 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Ted wrote:Terrific. Thanks. Too bad Stark never developed. He has a tremendous nickname.
That's one of my favorite draft comments of all time. "Most likely to be betrayed at a wedding."
Haha. Shoulda googled this yesterday... That's funny.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Chey
Ex-GM

Post by Chey » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:32 pm

This is a great feature btw, I've considered doing it before and never had the willpower. One thought -- would it be too much of a chore to include each player's peak ratings at the top? Especially going back ten years, that might be as or more useful in considering them than their current ratings.
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Chey wrote:This is a great feature btw, I've considered doing it before and never had the willpower. One thought -- would it be too much of a chore to include each player's peak ratings at the top? Especially going back ten years, that might be as or more useful in considering them than their current ratings.
Yeah, I think I can do this. Maybe I can create a little table for each guy with the drafted/peak/current ratings. Any other format or content suggestions? This was a big job but fun and worthwhile I think, so I do plan to continue.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”