Injury to starter on Day 2 forces 4-man rotation

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

So Wallace tore his damn (guess what?) shoulder labrum. Game 2 of the sim (Wed 21st).

I have a five man rotation. This meant that for Games 3 through 10 of the sim, the AI kept me at a 4-man rotation. That's 8 games in 8 days using a four man rotation. Which is iffy, because I know there must have been times, perhaps several times, during those 8 games when my starters were not very well rested when starting a game.

Would this still have happened if I had a guy in the spot starter role? I think so, because I think spot starters just substitute for the last guy in the rotation for a certain percentage of starts.

And what would happen, say, if two starters in a rotation got hurt and were unable to pitch?

And, I dunno, maybe there is an implied suggestion here.

Meanwhile I signed a free agent on April 29, who could have pitched either on that day or the 30th. It is clear he was meant to go to the active roster (AR), because he signed a ML contract and I had left a spot on my AR for him (I started the sim with 26 on the AR).

Not belly-aching here. Just observing and querying about this type of situation. Whats the best way to handle it.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Injury to starter on Day 2 forces 4-man rotation

Post by recte44 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Put someone in a spot starter slot at 0%?

jumpmancol
Ex-GM

Post by jumpmancol » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 pm

That works for me...
Jon Robinson
AIM: jumpmancol - Twitter: jonootp

Al-Hoot

Re: Injury to starter on Day 2 forces 4-man rotation

Post by Al-Hoot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 am

Does it? So the AI would use your spot starter for some other purpose than subbing for your number five starter? Anyway, I'll do that from now on and see what happens. I guess this thread belongs in league chatter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”