Podcast Suggestion

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
handaspencer
GBC GM

Podcast Suggestion

Post by handaspencer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Has anyone ever considered doing a podcast that details the specifics of this league? As a new gm I have tried to spend a lot of time reading the different "custom" aspects to the league but I personally think a podcast could be a great all in one location to get information. Some topics I think would help would include the following

The PP program how it works and ways to utilize it and how to maximize it
The salary cap and the bonus funds
Stadium maintenance and new stadiums
how to do SP and reliever conversions
coaching and making new coaches :oops:
Team news requirements
FA compensation and how the Brewster does it

I am sure I am forgetting some of the custom things we do that's not in the "default" of ootp and gm management. I am still personally confused on some of it especially how to spend PP, bonus funds etc... Don't need anything on how to be a gm as we should all know how to do that lol, but rather focus on the items specific to the Brewster. Who knows even the vets might learn a few things they didn't know about as well.

felipe
Ex-GM

Re: Podcast Suggestion

Post by felipe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:29 pm

great idea

I'd be up for participating too

Perhaps if I make enough noise, we will dispense with compensation picks altogether

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Some of this is what Dorks Being Dorks is attempting to do. That said, there are a lot of topics, and we could probably do a better job of prioritizing them. I'm not sure we can to one podcast and cover it all, but what I was really thinking about is several smaller 10-15 minute things that can be packaged up and linked to in one place as a primer kind of thing.

Definitely open to them...

How about we use this thread to gather all the points the league is most interested in hearing about. If we have more than one person willing to actually do the recording and publishing, I'd be happy to coordinate the process.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:01 pm

RonCo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Some of this is what Dorks Being Dorks is attempting to do. That said, there are a lot of topics, and we could probably do a better job of prioritizing them. I'm not sure we can to one podcast and cover it all, but what I was really thinking about is several smaller 10-15 minute things that can be packaged up and linked to in one place as a primer kind of thing.

Definitely open to them...

How about we use this thread to gather all the points the league is most interested in hearing about. If we have more than one person willing to actually do the recording and publishing, I'd be happy to coordinate the process.
If they are short, I can help with one or two. If we do get a list of topics, I suggest we split them up into bite sized portions and try to keep these really short. Like 5-10 minutes. Preferably 5. That wasy we have an instructional series that you can just go review without having to listen to a 15-20 minute podcast. Obviously, some will need longer. But the stadium thing could be 5 minutes or less. IT's just on the pod casters to stay on topic (which is really hard).
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 pm

The compensation piece probably could get eliminated might be hard to come up with 5-10 minutes of talk time on that because it’s explained in the constitution fairly well. For example when I found out this league had no qualifying offer for FA that surprised me because I didn’t see that in the constitution and I can’t find anywhere on the boards where its explained that we don’t offer qualifying offers. By default the game has qualifying offers so that’s a Brewster thing. Also I can’t find out anywhere if you sign a type A does the signing team lose a 1st round pick which is default within the game? And I still don’t know the answer to that. The constitution explains how compensation is calculated by WAR which is a Brewster thing as well so that helps us new gm as we learn about the league.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:14 pm

handaspencer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 pm
The compensation piece probably could get eliminated might be hard to come up with 5-10 minutes of talk time on that because it’s explained in the constitution fairly well. For example when I found out this league had no qualifying offer for FA that surprised me because I didn’t see that in the constitution and I can’t find anywhere on the boards where its explained that we don’t offer qualifying offers. By default the game has qualifying offers so that’s a Brewster thing. Also I can’t find out anywhere if you sign a type A does the signing team lose a 1st round pick which is default within the game? And I still don’t know the answer to that. The constitution explains how compensation is calculated by WAR which is a Brewster thing as well so that helps us new gm as we learn about the league.
There is no pick loss by the signing team.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Ted wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:14 pm
handaspencer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 pm
There is no pick loss by the signing team.

Ok thanks, maybe we could add those details in the constitution for clarification for future New GMs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”