PLEASE VOTE-----Seven Day Playoff Sims

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.

Are you in favor of moving the playoffs to seven-day sims?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Yes, I would like to move the Doubleday, Cartwright, and Landis to seven-day sims.
28%
No, I would not like to move the playoffs to seven-day sims.
32%
I would approve of this only if just the Cartwright and Landis were moved to seven day sims.
24%
I couldn't care less about this.
16%

Total votes: 25

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: PLEASE VOTE-----Seven Day Playoff Sims

Post by recte44 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:19 pm

GoldenOne wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:50 pm
assuming Recte had the spare time.
This is the big hangup right now- it fell during the end of the month which is crazy times for me.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:23 pm

7teen wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm
I voted yes for the last two series.... But this is starting to feel like the NBA playoffs. When are they going to end!!!! haha
I thought we used to do daily sims for playoffs? Must've been a different league. Still, even though it *is* dragging, I still feel strongly about this being the whole point and not wanting to take agency away from the teams participating.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:20 pm

agrudez wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:23 pm
7teen wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm
I voted yes for the last two series.... But this is starting to feel like the NBA playoffs. When are they going to end!!!! haha
I thought we used to do daily sims for playoffs? Must've been a different league. Still, even though it *is* dragging, I still feel strongly about this being the whole point and not wanting to take agency away from the teams participating.
I'm with you on playoff teams having more control. There is a vast number of strategies for several different situations in baseball. We should be able to implement as much as reasonably possible. I like splitting the playoff series in half, but we should probably think about ideas to help Matt with simming during these times. I understand that it's infrequent that the playoffs come up during the end of a month which I believe is all the more reason that we should have a contingency plan in place to help continuity, pending if any that is even possible and someone is willing of course.

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:33 pm

In case anybody wondered, Boise did not get better while waiting for the off-season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”