Game Replays - Anyone interested

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Game Replays - Anyone interested

Post by Spiccoli » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Years and years ago, back in my FPS Pro Football days, playing in an online league. I'd sometimes broadcast "live" replays using a neat utility program someone had developed.

I say live, but actually the commissioner had already run the week's game and I would broadcast the logs over the internet to any team owners who wanted to "watch" them them first during the replay instead of just opening the league files and seeing the end result first, then going through to how the game played out.

It looks like OOTP has the ability to do this, albeit in a different manner.

Using service like Twitch, I think I could broadcast the game replays to anyone who wants to watch them play out that way instead of opening an email or visiting the forum. I'd just have to be careful to not spoil the result while trying to start the broadcast. But I'm sure it could be done.

Maybe Matt could delay the notice to the forum until the replays were broadcasted? Who knows... just throwing ideas out.

I know OOTPOU has this ability too, but it's text play by play. I really like watching the games on the field in game. Plus, maybe a few people could jump in on chat to watch along too.

If anyone is interested, maybe we could do a test during the playoffs. Maybe during the finals. I could play out the series online. (Assuming TWC is not in the finals :D ).

Let me know your thoughts.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Game Replays - Anyone interested

Post by bschr682 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I'd be interested in watching something like this. Especially playoff time.
GM Vancouver Mounties

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 pm

I wouldn't want to delay soon results for it, but the uses is cool. I often ask for a podcast audio version of all the games. That would be fun. Listen to your team as you work out or whatever.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 pm

RonCo wrote:I wouldn't want to delay soon results for it, but the uses is cool. I often ask for a podcast audio version of all the games. That would be fun. Listen to your team as you work out or whatever.
How much would you pay for this....

hahaha. for real though it would be awesome!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Post by Spiccoli » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 am

Depending on the next sim schedule, Sunday might a good day for the first round of the playoffs.

I did discover that you can hide the scores while going back through the league schedule, so that's a non-issue.

I also tested streaming from my computer to YouTube live. That worked pretty well.

Now, I'm with Ron. I wouldn't expect sims being delayed to do this. The football schedule was weekly, instead of 3x per week.

Also, during the week, the schedule with kids would make it impossible for me to be consistent.

Anyway, maybe for this season, we could try replaying the finals if the schedule works out.

It's just that for me. There's something about watching a play by play that's helps me get a better feel of the game instead of just reading the box score. Especially if the game was close.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”