Changes to PP point rewards

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
indiansfan
BBA GM

Changes to PP point rewards

Post by indiansfan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this or not. So if it isn't just lock it and let me know.

Problem: Retired players converted to coaches are inferior to game created coaches and too expensive to improve.

There are two areas on the PP rewards that I think need to be looked at. One which I have posted elsewhere is the ability to improve coaches ratings. Some of us like the idea of converting retired players to coaches and we think it really adds to the game. I've done this 4 times and all 4 times even after adding in the addition points we get during the conversion process I end up with a guy that I wouldn't hire for my Rookie league team if I was hiring from the Available Coaches pool. So why spend points to end up with an inferior coach when I can save the points and hire a better guy that the game created in the pool. Now under the current rules I can improve a coach by spending 20 PP for 10 pts of improvement. At that rate it will take years of PP rewards to turn a guy into a good coach, when again I can just hire some generic guy from the pool with great game created ratings.

Solution #1 - Give every created coach a floor to start with, so for instance all their ratings start out at least average and then we add the 240 pts to that. Most guys would thus start out with Average across the board, if they guy has any ratings higher than average than you get to keep those and you buy a lotto ticket. Result is you get a decent coach, people will be more likely to use the conversion and it enriches the league.

Solution #2 - Leave the creation process as is but change the PP reward from a 2-1 ratio to a 1-3 ratio. So for 10 PP you can improve ratings 30 pts. Again the result would be a realistic path to getting decent coaches out of retired players.

Solutions #3 - Take solution #1 and also chance the ration on PP rewards to 1-1. So for every 10 pts you get 10 pts of improvement. This results in decent coaches from the conversion but a path for those people really into it to create great coaches.

Problem - The ridiculous $$$ being asked by players with Very High or High greed

We have a process for increasing ratings or decreasing greed. I think the process works very good with increasing ratings So that it costs you a fair amount to increase ratings and you can't go more than 150. I don't think anything needs changed with that but with the increasing number of guys coming out with terrible greed ratings I think we should make it a little easier to reduce greed.

Solution - Change the ratio on Greed only to 1-2 So for every 10 pts you can reduce by 20 pts. I am not sure if there currently is a floor on greed (as the 150 cap for other ratings) but if we make it easier we should put in a floor of 50.

Again I am not sure whether this is the right place to bring these up for discussion or whether these changes normally start with the governing committee. My goal is also not to complicate things for Recte when simming and as I don't know the mechanics of that do not know if these ideas make it more complicated.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

njherdfan
Ex-GM

Re: Changes to PP point rewards

Post by njherdfan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Agree with you about players converting to coaches; I think it would be a very cool feature to be able to hire former players as coaches for my team. Maybe some kind of rule that if a player played a certain amount of time on Team X, then Team X and only Team X could have an easier time upgrading that person's coaching ratings.

As for the greed, I'm not sure if I agree with what you're saying; as long as you can reduce their greed by 70 points their offers generally become a lot more reasonable, no?
General Manager

Seattle Storm: 2011-Present

1737-1391 through 2029

Frick League, Pacific Division Winner (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2024)
Frick League Champion (2013)

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:15 pm

I'll certainly take a good look at this.

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:35 pm

I like the coach conversion idea, but it will likely lead to more work than what is necessary. I think that, similar to what we do with custom amateur players would be better. Just give a bio, write an article and Recte will provide you with a cost of acquiring a coach similar to what is described, then behind the scenes Recte can take one of the random generated coaches and change their info to said players info. I didn't put too much thought into it though, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”