Minor League Championships

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
User avatar
shoeless.db
BBA GM
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Minor League Championships

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 am

Thoughts on a very small reward going to the GM of championship winning minor league teams?

It would add some spice to the league to offer a free nickname (or something equally useless and fun) to winning GMs.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

User avatar
Dington
BBA GM
Posts: 1407
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:06 am
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 314 times
Contact:

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by Dington » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:52 am

shoeless.db wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 am
Thoughts on a very small reward going to the GM of championship winning minor league teams?

It would add some spice to the league to offer a free nickname (or something equally useless and fun) to winning GMs.
I reward myself with my own titles in my signature.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
2044 Spring Training Champs (25-5)
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

User avatar
jiminyhopkins
BBA GM
Posts: 2724
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: OH
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 401 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by jiminyhopkins » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:54 am

I reward myself by stacking my Single A team so they win it every year
No Longer on Probation :( GM, Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
FORMER GM, Munchen Brauers (2024-28), EBA
FORMER GM, Washington Bobwhites (1999-2010), MBBA
Owner, Phoenix/Traverse City Talons (1995-2036), Global Baseball Consortium

User avatar
Fat Nige
UMEBA GM
Posts: 3785
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND
Has thanked: 541 times
Been thanked: 432 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm

I think if you were going to offer rewards, you really would have to have some sort of age-appropriate agenda too otherwise is you say the lower levels would just end up stacked with 27-30 yr olds mashing it while no development would be taking place?
Nigel Laverick
GM Riyadh Red Crescents
#WeBePrettyNew #WeAreLessShittyNow
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty)

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since


An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

User avatar
shoeless.db
BBA GM
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm
I think if you were going to offer rewards, you really would have to have some sort of age-appropriate agenda too otherwise is you say the lower levels would just end up stacked with 27-30 yr olds mashing it while no development would be taking place?
I understand this point, but I can't imagine, outside of Marko, anyone stacking a minor league team for the sole purpose of nicknaming some has-been Juan "The Flying Orangutan" Perez.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

User avatar
usnspecialist
GB: League Advisor
Posts: 6136
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by usnspecialist » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Makes sense your franchise asks for this given your ineptitude at the big league level :cool:
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
1052-893

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40, 43

Image

User avatar
shoeless.db
BBA GM
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:35 pm

usnspecialist wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:09 pm
Makes sense your franchise asks for this given your ineptitude at the big league level :cool:
Whatever, you Kondo thief.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

User avatar
CTBrewCrew
GB: UMEBA Ambassador
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:20 am
Location: Milford, CT
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 685 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:03 am

How about coming in second? 😜. Working on a RRBBAGOTW about MiLB championships.
Image

User avatar
7teen
BBA GM
Posts: 8731
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 716 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by 7teen » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 pm

shoeless.db wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm
I think if you were going to offer rewards, you really would have to have some sort of age-appropriate agenda too otherwise is you say the lower levels would just end up stacked with 27-30 yr olds mashing it while no development would be taking place?
I understand this point, but I can't imagine, outside of Marko, anyone stacking a minor league team for the sole purpose of nicknaming some has-been Juan "The Flying Orangutan" Perez.
Clearly Marko is the only one who stacks his minors to win Championships (says me trying to divert all the attention onto Marko)
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW Champs: 99 to 2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL Champs: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland Champs: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-

Vic Caleca TN of the Year Recipient: 2046

User avatar
bcslouck
BBA GM
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Has thanked: 314 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by bcslouck » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:20 pm

7teen wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 pm
shoeless.db wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm
I think if you were going to offer rewards, you really would have to have some sort of age-appropriate agenda too otherwise is you say the lower levels would just end up stacked with 27-30 yr olds mashing it while no development would be taking place?
I understand this point, but I can't imagine, outside of Marko, anyone stacking a minor league team for the sole purpose of nicknaming some has-been Juan "The Flying Orangutan" Perez.
Clearly Marko is the only one who stacks his minors to win Championships (says me trying to divert all the attention onto Marko)
Cill Bonstable will make his debut next year in September. Team TBD.
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (1441-1478)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2x JL Atlantic Division Champions (2032, 2043)
4x JL Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034, 2046)
2x JL GM of the Year (2032, 2034)
2042 JL Worst GM of the Year
2046 Vic Caleca Award

User avatar
jiminyhopkins
BBA GM
Posts: 2724
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: OH
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 401 times

Re: Minor League Championships

Post by jiminyhopkins » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:25 pm

7teen wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 pm
shoeless.db wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm
I think if you were going to offer rewards, you really would have to have some sort of age-appropriate agenda too otherwise is you say the lower levels would just end up stacked with 27-30 yr olds mashing it while no development would be taking place?
I understand this point, but I can't imagine, outside of Marko, anyone stacking a minor league team for the sole purpose of nicknaming some has-been Juan "The Flying Orangutan" Perez.
Clearly Marko is the only one who stacks his minors to win Championships (says me trying to divert all the attention onto Marko)
Not really working well tho... only got two this year :(
No Longer on Probation :( GM, Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
FORMER GM, Munchen Brauers (2024-28), EBA
FORMER GM, Washington Bobwhites (1999-2010), MBBA
Owner, Phoenix/Traverse City Talons (1995-2036), Global Baseball Consortium

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest