Application from Chuck Valenches - New Applicant

Vultures report here! Tell us who you are...
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Application from Chuck Valenches - New Applicant

Post by RonCo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

That's awesome. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Application from Chuck Valenches - New Applicant

Post by Dington » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm

Chuck V wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm
Knucklehead254 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:11 am
Wait I remember playing High Heat 2003 on my Playstation 2, that was you as the announcer???
That was me. Dave o’Brien (then of the Marlins and Red Sox) was the play by play and I was the color commentator. I got involved with them in a strange way. An earlier version of the game had all the current ballparks, a few classics like Ebbets Field and for some reason also had the Modesto Stadium and Greer Stadium, home of the Nashville Sounds, the team I worked for. I contacted them about using the stadium and they told me they modeled Greer Stadium as a present to the games producer who was a TN native. I then started getting calls from them about how to rate certain Pirates prospects because the Pirates were so awful it was a constant glow up and down of players and they didn’t know anything about anybody as half of them didn’t even qualify for the Baseball America Prospects book or Baseball Prospectus. So I helped them with what certain pitchers threw, etc. Then in 2002 they asked if I wanted to audition as the color commentator as they were moving on from Ray Fosse. I auditioned, got the job and we recorded my parts over three days. They actually scheduled it while I was in Sacramento doing a four game series. I would do the game, hop in the car after I was off the air, head to Frisco and stay in a hotel. Go in the studio from 7-3 then hop in the car, drive to Sacramento and do the game. I can tell you that at the time there were four In n Out Burgers on the highway between SF and SAC and I hit all of them. The next year they had me back to record lines for the 2004 version, but they ran out of budget to code them in. 3Do went broke the next year.
That’s a very cool story.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “New Applicants”