Application

Vultures report here! Tell us who you are...
Ekcut
Ex-GM

Application

Post by Ekcut » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Name (first and last for in-game entry):Eric Cuthill

Email: ekcut@telus.net

Google Talk ID:n/a

Date of Birth (for in-game use): Sept 2/74

Other OOTP Leagues (with links): BBR

Do you own OOTP15, and plan to buy future versions? I own every version since 4.

We have a Participation Point System to foster activity. Cool with this? Understand this completely? Piece of cake!

Willing to troll the boards and participate in polls? 100% participation guarenteed

Have you read and understand the MBWBA League Constitution? It was a good read. Not much violence or sex, but it still held my interest.

What interests you about the MBWBA? Always been a big fan on the GBC and its offspring

Do you have any weird OOTP quirks that we should know about - like you don't believe in making trades?
I alway try to win MLB, AAA, AA, and A titles.
The 1st thing I do after each new OOTP purchase is run a league from 1876 and auto run until present and check on my favourite players.

Have you ever answered to the alias "Al Hoot"? (Don't worry, this is just an inside thing that amuses us.) Yes! I mean No?

Tell us more about yourself!
Been playing fake sports since before the Internet was invented! Ran a league at my high school playing Wayne Gretzky hockey. Played in the GBC2 (FPS version), the ORB, about 200 seasons in The FOOL (no exaggeration) and recently got into the swing again in the BBR.
I'm a poor loser, and a worse winner. Much worse in person though as I keep the trash talk to a minimum unless I know my victim is cool.
I'm the guy who wears out his F5 button on sim night.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: Application

Post by agrudez » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Hey bud, good to see you over here.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Chey
Ex-GM

Post by Chey » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:16 pm

What are the odds the league would have two different members from Edmonton?
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Chey wrote:What are the odds the league would have two different members from Edmonton?
Eichel is going to be better than McDavid.

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Post by bigmike13 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Welcome Eric
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

Ekcut
Ex-GM

Post by Ekcut » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:01 am

crobillard wrote:
Chey wrote:What are the odds the league would have two different members from Edmonton?

Well at least there is one owner here I don't need to worry about outsmarting me! :mrgreen:

Ekcut
Ex-GM

Post by Ekcut » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:10 am

Cool beans!

There is no draft lottery in this league, so I'm not sure exactly what to do. That's the only local sporting event that gives me any excitement!

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:10 am

Ekcut wrote:
crobillard wrote:

Well at least there is one owner here I don't need to worry about outsmarting me! :mrgreen:
Lmfao. I'm bias because I know Jack personally. Both him and McDavid are of course going to be the best players in the league in a few seasons.

Ekcut
Ex-GM

Post by Ekcut » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 am

crobillard wrote: Lmfao. I'm bias because I know Jack personally. Both him and McDavid are of course going to be the best players in the league in a few seasons.
I couldn't agree more. This was a draft for the ages!

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:06 am

Provorov for RotY - the guy has a 28 year old brain in an 18 year old's body.
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Ekcut
Ex-GM

Post by Ekcut » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:46 am

agrudez wrote:Provorov for RotY - the guy has a 28 year old brain in an 18 year old's body.
Not this year! I'm a big believer in avoiding 18yr old dmen in the NHL.

I REALLY REALLY like Provorov, but like Darnell Nurse (who he will be better than, just so you don't think I'm going homer) I think he is better suited in junior for 1 more year....at least. Offensively he can play now, defensively he needs to get stronger and more consistant.

Has there been any talk about whether or not he'll make the club? (I'm assuming you are from Philly)

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:51 am

Nice to see you. Welcome to the league!

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Ekcut wrote:Has there been any talk about whether or not he'll make the club? (I'm assuming you are from Philly)
He was one of the standout players at rookie camp and will be attending the main club's camp when it opens. I'm honestly not expecting him to make the club - just wanted to throw my hat into the discussion, haha. The NHL blueline is mediocre, but only really has one open spot at the moment - Streit, MacDonald, L. Schenn, Medvedev, Del Zotto will all be starters (unless we can find a sucker to take MacDonald or Schenn off our hands) so that leaves Schultz (who they gave an extension to for some reason) and all the rookies competing for the 6th spot. At that point, Provorov would need to leap frog Sanheim, Morin, Ghost AND Hagg.
-Ron, 2025 media guide

JohnC
Ex-GM

Post by JohnC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm

It's almost always the media that starts the hype about these 18yr old's making the NHL team. The same thing will be happening in Toronto about Mitch Marner. He will have a few good exhibition games and the media will be going on and on about the possibility of him making the team. He may even get in a handful of NHL games at the start of the season but he WILL be going back to London.

Philly's management is always a wild card. They do head scratching moves every season but hopefully for Provorov they will not rush him.
Montreal Blazers 2002 - present
Atlantic Div Champs '02,'05,'06,'11,'12,'13,'14,'19,'21,'27,'30'33
Wild Card '04,'10,'20,'28,'29,'31,'32,'34

John Callahan
GM: Montreal Blazers
Email: doghares@hotmail.com

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:27 pm

JohnC wrote:It's almost always the media that starts the hype about these 18yr old's making the NHL team. The same thing will be happening in Toronto about Mitch Marner. He will have a few good exhibition games and the media will be going on and on about the possibility of him making the team. He may even get in a handful of NHL games at the start of the season but he WILL be going back to London.

Philly's management is always a wild card. They do head scratching moves every season but hopefully for Provorov they will not rush him.
The theme is that Provorov has nothing left to learn and/or prove in the Juniors. If he and Sanheim were 20 they'd be going to the AHL and behind at least Morin in the call-up pecking order, but since Morin/Ghost/Hagg can go to the AHL, then Sanheim/Provorov have a better chance of making the NHL club out of camp (and past the 10 game window).

The AHL age rule is dumb, btw.
-Ron, 2025 media guide

JohnC
Ex-GM

Post by JohnC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Ya, agreed on the AHL rule. There are some guys that don't need the protection of that rule. They are physically ready and mature enough to play in that league.

Not sure I agree with the nothing to prove in the W for Provorov though. Defensively he is probably not ready for the NHL. For me, I would rather have him dominate in the W then rush him into the NHL. So much of that depends on his personality as well, which considering we don't know him on a personal level we can't speak to it. I guess we will see soon enough, who knows...maybe he is ready to make the jump.
Montreal Blazers 2002 - present
Atlantic Div Champs '02,'05,'06,'11,'12,'13,'14,'19,'21,'27,'30'33
Wild Card '04,'10,'20,'28,'29,'31,'32,'34

John Callahan
GM: Montreal Blazers
Email: doghares@hotmail.com

Ekcut
Ex-GM

Post by Ekcut » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 pm

JohnC wrote:Ya, agreed on the AHL rule. There are some guys that don't need the protection of that rule. They are physically ready and mature enough to play in that league.

Not sure I agree with the nothing to prove in the W for Provorov though. Defensively he is probably not ready for the NHL. For me, I would rather have him dominate in the W then rush him into the NHL. So much of that depends on his personality as well, which considering we don't know him on a personal level we can't speak to it. I guess we will see soon enough, who knows...maybe he is ready to make the jump.
The AHL rule is possibly the dumbest rule in sports. Instead of having a kids best interest in mind, it is a deal struck to get as much star power as possible into the CHL to boost ticket sales.

Hate it!!!!

Although I hate many things about junior hockey, (despite LOVING junior hockey)

I think the draft age should be 20, and there should be no "overage" limit on junior teams.
That will increase the level of competition in the league, limit the number of 16 or even 'gulp' 15yr olds who are playing in junior, all the while eliminate the AHL buffer issue.

But it's at the cost of 2yrs of pay checks on an already short career...so it will never pass PA approval.

Chey
Ex-GM

Post by Chey » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:16 pm

The PA would probably be on board (you know who doesn't have a vote in the PA? Players yet to be drafted!) as it would mean more jobs for veterans already playing in the N.

I think the league would be more opposed to it, as it would mean waiting even longer for the Crosbys and McDavids to show up (plus it would just be a really hard switch to implement -- how would you run drafts for the two years immediately following the switch?).
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

c-mitch
Ex-GM

Post by c-mitch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Nice to see you here and the BBR, Eric.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “New Applicants”