Application from Michael Branda - New Applicant

Vultures report here! Tell us who you are...
Anonymous

Application from Michael Branda - New Applicant

Post by Anonymous » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 pm

A user, Michael Branda, has applied with the following information using the application form.
IP: 70.188.175.135
Email: michaeljbranda@gmail.com
Applying for: New Applicant
Reason for applying:
The truth is, you probably shouldn’t if you are successful in this league and feel like somebody coming into the league to challenge you might ruin your experience.

/end brash fake baseball bragging.

Okay, seriously. I have been playing this game online since version 6.5 came out. I have developed a perhaps, unhealthy addiction to this game. I’m competitive in everything I do, but the truth is – I’m not good as most of the things I am competitive at.

For example, I really want to defeat my 8 year old in Connect Four, but damn it she wins a ton!

However, when it comes to OOTP online leagues. I’m good. Very nice of whoever was charged with creating me to give me the gift of understanding fake baseball very well as one of my few skills.

I ran a league with Front Page Sports Baseball 98 for ten real years of my life from 2002-2012. I was in college when I started it, drunkenly simming games on an outdated software.

In 2012, I decided it was time to start my own OOTP league and I’ve been running the VBL ever since (thevbl.org).

One aspect of my league(s) is that I have never owned a team. Now, the benefits of course for my league are that I can remain impartial. But for me personally, I think it allowed me to understand the game a little bit more – and also to learn different styles of management from various types of personalities.

I have time in my life for one more league, and I want that league to be one with a great reputation. I don’t just join leagues for the sake of joining them. I join to compete against the best and have a great experience.
First/Last Name: Michael Branda
City/State/Country: Newington
Email Address: michaeljbranda@gmail.com
OOTP Forums Username: coljesep
Desired Forum Username: mbranda41
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY) for in-game purposes: 02/24/1982
Other OOTP Leagues (with links): BSA (Nevada 2026-Present) - Baseball-Stars.com Thevbl.org, (Commish of VBL), PUB (Charlotte) - thevbl.org, Dog Days Baseball, just joined recently as Twin Falls,
Have you read the BBA Constitution and agree to abide by its rules?: I have and do
Do you own the current version of OOTP, and plan to buy all future versions?: Yes, purchased 19 recently for Dog Days and if I were to join this group.
Do you understand the Participation Point System, and agree to be a regular contributor to our community?: Yes, a few questions but I have a PP system as well so I understand it's merit.
What interests you about the BBA?: As stated above, I do feel like I am good at this game and as you know there are so many leagues around. I run a very good league, so I know a good league when I see it - and that is what I want to be a part of.
Describe your GM style: I would say, flexible. I’m willing to go for it if a window of opportunity presents itself. However, I’m more interested in sustaining long-term success rather than a short-term victory. I don’t fall in love with players, I GM under the famous words of Ted Dibiase… Everybody’s Got a Price.
Have you ever answered to the alias "Al Hoot"? (a little BBA inside joke!): Who? (Get it? A simple dad joke about owls... you know, because they hoot)
Tell us more about yourself: I live in CT, wife, two kids. Mets fan, Tottenham fan, Penguins fan. I have strong opinions, but that's really only because I'm always right and the people who disagree with me are always wrong. So it's not my fault, really. Oh, and I can be a tad sarcastic.
How did you hear about the BBA?: I ran the OOTP Grand Championship a while back and Matt signed the league up.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Application from Michael Branda - New Applicant

Post by RonCo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Michael wins all the teams.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Hey man, name seemed familiar. I think I tried to fix your FPS league's schedule glitch, but somehow in the process it screwed up your ability to import stuff so you stayed with the weird schedule. Or something like that. Go FPS schedule glitches! (Our import function never worked anyway, so the GBC schedule repair worked)
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

mikeb41
Ex-GM

Post by mikeb41 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Yep for sure! I believe Smithwick was the one who put me in touch with you? He's still in my league.

Just checked my old emails, that was back in 2011 when we worked on that FPS stuff! Good memory.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Yeah it was Smithwick. Good to hear Shannon's still baseballing. Man FPS was glitchy. Fun times though, I agree.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Give him whatever team he wants lol

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:30 am

Welcome Michael :coffee: :hi5: :grin:
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

mikeb41
Ex-GM

Post by mikeb41 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:57 am

Oh hey Nigel! Good to see you in this league. Hope all is well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “New Applicants”