New Applicant: Alan Ehlers

Vultures report here! Tell us who you are...
recte44
GB: Commissioner

New Applicant: Alan Ehlers

Post by recte44 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:35 pm

First Name: Alan
Last Name: Ehlers
City: Orlando
State: FL
Email: ae37jr@gmail.com
Desired Username: ae37jr
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY) for in-game purposes: 11/20/1978
Other OOTP Leagues (with links): www.pebabaseball.com a few years ago.
I own the current version of OOTP, and plan to buy all future versions.: checked
I have read the MBWBA Constitution and agree to abide by its rules.: checked
I understand the Participation Point system, and agree to be a contributor on a regular basis to our community.: checked
What interests you about the MBWBA?: I like a good challange and the whole dynamic of the Rule 6 Draft in the EBA excites me. Build the best team without superstar players. It kind of fits my MO in team building. From there I did some research on the league as a whole. A lot of history and activity going on here. I'd love to come in and help develop the EBA with the same spirit as Monty Brewster.
Do you have any weird OOTP or GM quirks- like you don't believe in making trades, for example?: I love trying to get players to outperform their skills using quasi-sabermetric ideals that I often make up as I go. I use heavy platoons, build to the ballpark, heavily weigh personality traitss, develop a strong bullpen(long before KC and now the rest of baseball started doing it.) and try to compliment payers by surrounding them with other players who will make them better.
Have you ever answered to the alias "Al Hoot"? (Don't worry, this is just an inside thing that amuses us.): Well my name is Alan so at times I have answered to Al even though I'm not fond of it.
Tell us more about yourself!: Is this a sim game or e-harmony? Well if you really want to know I like long walks on the beach, candle light dinners and knitting. I really love knitting. I knit sweaters to wear on all these cold Florida nights.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: New Applicant: Alan Ehlers

Post by bschr682 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

recte44 wrote:Have you ever answered to the alias "Al Hoot"? (Don't worry, this is just an inside thing that amuses us.): Well my name is Alan so at times I have answered to Al even though I'm not fond of it.
:orly:
GM Vancouver Mounties

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: New Applicant: Alan Ehlers

Post by agrudez » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:21 pm

From the PEBA, eh? A little bit of Roncruiting?
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “New Applicants”