A few extended absences

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
JimBob2232
BBA GM

A few extended absences

Post by JimBob2232 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am

Hey all -
I have a few trips coming up in the next 6 months or so that might take me away for a week or so at a time (or 2 weeks in June)

Is anyone aware of any software where i can use my ipad (or Iphone) to access my MacBook and be able to export remotely?

Just looking for options here. Shouldn't be a major disruption (projecting one week in March and 2 weeks in June where i wont have access to the game).

Thanks!

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: A few extended absences

Post by Lane » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:21 am

JimBob2232 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am
Hey all -
I have a few trips coming up in the next 6 months or so that might take me away for a week or so at a time (or 2 weeks in June)

Is anyone aware of any software where i can use my ipad (or Iphone) to access my MacBook and be able to export remotely?

Just looking for options here. Shouldn't be a major disruption (projecting one week in March and 2 weeks in June where i wont have access to the game).

Thanks!
you should be able to use Steam Link for this. You have to have physical access to both devices to set it up, but after that, as long as the macbook is on and connected to internet you should be able to access it from your iphone or ipad. it's primarily set up to play games via steam, but you can also use it as a regular remote desktop access. let me know if you have any questions.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Post by JimBob2232 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 am

Lane wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:21 am
JimBob2232 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am
Hey all -

Thanks!
you should be able to use Steam Link for this. You have to have physical access to both devices to set it up, but after that, as long as the macbook is on and connected to internet you should be able to access it from your iphone or ipad. it's primarily set up to play games via steam, but you can also use it as a regular remote desktop access. let me know if you have any questions.
That sounds great. Although i assume if my macbook is asleep - it probably wont work. I'll play around with that feature!

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:00 am

right, i believe you'd have to make sure it stays on. there may be something out there that you could use that would allow the macbook to sleep between sessions, but i'm not aware of it
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”