Twin Cities Boycotting the Rest of the Regular Season in Protest

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
Ted
Ex-GM

Twin Cities Boycotting the Rest of the Regular Season in Protest

Post by Ted » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am

I'm not trying to be dramatic. I'm simply making the point that this isn't okay. I was pretty angry yesterday when I found out about an extra sim that there was no notification of. That anger was compounded by the fact that I had a shit sim, losing the last wild card spot. I'm now 2.5 games out instead of something like 2 games up.

I don't know that being able to set my lineups would have made a difference. I had seven day lineups on and the sim was run with empty rosters for Twin Cities. It looks like the game defaulted to my versus left and versus right rosters, and used starting pitchers appropriately. I probably would have switched a few things up, but the game didn't make awful choices.

But here's the thing. I shouldn't have the opportunity to do my best to compete taken from me. We sim Tues, Thurs, Sun. Being a 20 season vet, I know to expect the last week of the season to be split into two sims. I know that the offseason has extra sim days. This was simply an extra sim. Yes, it was on the schedule, but I would guess that most of us do not look at the schedule that often, because it always says Tues, Thurs, Sun.

A number of people have commented that they only knew about the sim because of comments in the slack general thread. Reading the slack general thread daily is not a league requirement. There is an announcements thread that wasn't used. "Hey, there's an extra sim" seems like an appropriate use of the announcements thread to me. Some sort of heads up or reminder of a deviation from the schedule we use for the entirety of the regular season seems appropriate.

Furthermore, any assertion that I "wasn't paying enough attention" is absurd. This is me. I have 303 hours of OOTP 21 playtime. This is the only season I have played in the BBA with OOTP 21. Because I am "all in" this year, I have spent probably 200+ hours managing this team this year. I am on the forums every single day, multiple times. Ask Marko about how long it takes me to respond to his team news. Go look at old export reports. In 20ish BBA seasons, I have probably missed less than ten sims. I've spent probably another hundred hours this season reviewing league stuff and making podcasts. The point here is not to say the league owes me anything, but simply to point out that if, with all of this time spent on the BBA, I could miss an extra sim, that the league's efforts to notify it's membership of this deviation from the schedule were wholly inadequate.

I apparently have not made a good enough habit of looking at the schedule on the forums, but again, when it is ALWAYS the same days, you start to tune it out.

I purposely set up TWC to be competitive this year and this year only, with next year a weak shadow, and the following four years a disaster. I have poured a ton of time and energy into this season, knowing that I will not be having much fun for awhile. I can't even make moves for 4 of the next 5 seasons, as I have unmovable contracts taking up all my cap space. My budget will be too low to do much of anything. Again, this was by design.

But knowing this, and to have a shot at the playoffs in what is my last, good chance potentially affected in this fashion, and to lose that playoff spot as a result of missing an extra sim that was not announced is infuriating. Frankly, my choices at this point are:

1) to either continue to invest energy in this and be very upset when I can't make up 2.5 games in a week, and have to wonder if missing this sim is what made the difference

2) to simply say fuck it, and not care.

I'm choosing the latter. I don't have the energy to carry around that amount of angst about this league, when all the effort I put into caring that much is so casually thwarted. Why bother?

So no more exports from TWC this year. I'll see how I feel in the offseason. But most likely, I'll be pretty quiet here for awhile. See you guys in the summer of 2022, when running the River Monsters will be interesting again.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Twin Cities Boycotting the Rest of the Regular Season in Protest

Post by Dington » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:34 am

Ted wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am
I'm not trying to be dramatic.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:37 am

Dington wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:34 am
Ted wrote:
Hey Chad. I'm clearly upset about something I care a ton about and put a lot of time and effort into, and you choose snark as a reaction to that.

Seems like you're a really great person.

FUCK YOU.
Last edited by Ted on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:37 am

Bye.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Dington

Post by Dington » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 am

Ted wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:37 am
Dington wrote:
Ted wrote:
Hey Chad. I'm clearly upset about something I care a ton about and put a lot of time and effort into, and you choose snark as a reaction to that.

FUCK YOU.
Loved your opening statement leading to a very dramatic post.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
Kuwait City GM 2042-43

Dington

Post by Dington » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:57 am

Ted wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:37 am
Dington wrote:
Ted wrote:

FUCK YOU.
You're probably already gone or in the middle of writing angst-filled PMs, but just want to remind you of when you went out of your way to privately tell me to stop whining about the Haney deal being vetoed, which I don't believe I was very public about. Yet others stated their disagreement with the decision and you ridiculed ME...for being whiney...lol
Nashville Bluebirds GM
Kuwait City GM 2042-43

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”