UPDATED LINKER

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
Ted
Ex-GM

UPDATED LINKER

Post by Ted » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:34 pm

So I've fixed all the bugs that have been brought up. (As far as I know.) There will probably be others.

However, this should be a much better version. It is simpler as well. There is now a single update button. It will prompt you for a link to the league html index. For us, if you follow the html quick link from this forum you will get to the BBA homepage. If you click the "BNN Index" link, you will get to the html index page. That is the URL you use.

For us it is: https://statspl.us/brewster/reports/new ... index.html

Theoretically, this linker will work with any OOTP league now, as long as they have the right html.

You will need to update once a season when the new players are created at the high school level if you want to get any new players. After having to use my own linker with all the league selection stuff, I realized while that was good for building and troubleshooting, it sucked for users. This is slower, sorry, but it's a one shot thing. Should take 5-15 minutes.

Sorry for all the bugs with the last version. I didn't bug test hard enough. Thanks to the people who did it for me.

Tried a single file executable version, but apparently google and windows get really scared about those and think they are viruses, so we're back to a zipped file. Unzip it wherever you want. I'd recommend deleting the entire Remote Linker folder from the old version first so you don't get confused. The executable file is Remote_Linker.exe (the one that says Remote_Linker and has Application under the file type if you don't have extensions visible). It looks the same as the last version.

And finally, please don't distribute this outside the league. It represents a lot of work on my part, and if it could be a useful tool for other OOTP leagues, maybe I can make a buck or two.

Linker - just click download, I still don't know how to make google drive work correctly.

MAC/Apple/IOS/whatever I'm supposed to call it version later today I hope.
Last edited by Ted on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: UPDATED LINKER

Post by Ted » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm

MAC OS version delayed. I'm not that MAC OS savvy and the bundling program that's supposed to create a usable executable for MAC OS isn't working. There are alternatives, but it's a slog because I operate a MAC like an 80 year old who doesn't know how to program a VCR.

Also, get a second mouse button you savages.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: UPDATED LINKER

Post by Lane » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Ted wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm
MAC OS version delayed. I'm not that MAC OS savvy and the bundling program that's supposed to create a usable executable for MAC OS isn't working. There are alternatives, but it's a slog because I operate a MAC like an 80 year old who doesn't know how to program a VCR.

Also, get a second mouse button you savages.
I love my iPhone but can't imagine a reason to ever own a Mac
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”