2044, FA Sim #2 Chatter

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Re: 2044, FA Sim #2 Chatter

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:34 pm

GoldenOne wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:16 am
RonCo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:33 pm
That's true, too. But Aki Kondo seems pretty happy.

I totally understand the defenseless feel of it...and if you play solo where you can sim day by day, you get time to respond. But the bottom line in the BBA and almost every online league that sims a few weeks at a time is that you really want a player, you bid as high as you think you need to go...and if no one tops it, you get them.
My biggest issue, honestly, cause I’ve been on the more advantageous side of this as well, is that there is no way to increase your offer. In real life, a team can get told there are others interested and they get a chance to change their offer. Would be nice if it could be done in output as well.

I’m not complaining. People offered more and the player signed there. Just wish there was a way you could up your offer if your not a fan of going the Omaha/Kondo route and just going huge out of the gate. I offered more than asking price but still what I thought was within value but still would have gone a little more than the others.

But, I digress.
I don't mind the silent auction type format where you basically should put out your best offer, but agree that there should be an increase offer feature that doesn't adversely impact negotiations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”