2043, Preseason Sim Chatter

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: 2043, Preseason Sim Chatter

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:37 am

I can’t believe I’m predicted to lose two more games this year? Have I got any more games to lose? :(

:D
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 pm

HoosierVic wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:39 pm
If you look in-game, Veenman actually got hit twice by the pitching machine - in the calf on Feb. 7, in the head on Feb. 9. So, is it just the pitching machine, or is Veenman just feuding with machinery in general? He might wanna step lightly around his blender ...
I have a feeling Manama's former secretary was having an affair with Veenman and he blew her off. This was her attempt at payback. She's known to cause problems. @tallywood
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Life is all about relationships.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

Post by FuzzyRawley » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:24 pm

recte44 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:31 pm
Des Moines Kernels Honor Former GM Murphy
Sad news out of Des Moines. Former General Manager Ed Murphy passed away. He was battling stage 4 kidney cancer for the last year, a big part of the reason why he relinquished control of his beloved Des Moines Kernels.

The outpouring of emotions among the Brewster community was overwhelming.

"This is a real loss to the BBA world," said Yellow Springs GM Ron Collins.

"Wow. That is a terrible shame - 57 is way too young. I had a handful of dealings with Ed, and he was always supportive and kind. Very sorry to hear this," said Chicago GM Vic Caleca.

"Very sad. Only knew Ed through the BBA but he was always a nice and decent guy. Condolences to those of you who knew him better and in real life." - Calgary GM Kevin Dickson

"Heartbreaking news. He was far too young. My deepest condolences to his family." -Edmonton GM Chris Robillard

"A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive as long as we remember them. Through us, they live on. Never forget Ed Murphy. My condolences to his friends and family." -Hawaii GM James Walker

Mike Bieschke, current Mumbai GM, was closest to Murphy. "He was a good dude, wouldnt hurt a fly. Had the pleasure of working with him for 10 years. Our love of baseball brought us together. Coaxed him into joining when Des Moines opened up. Always enjoyed talking BBA and MLB with him. He,2019ll be missed for sure."

William Moreland was a long time member of the Kernels and had nothing but fond memories to share of Murphy. "He was an amazing man, fantastic GM and the #1 Kernels fan," Moreland remarked. "This is a sad, sad day for Des Moines and for the Brewster. My thoughts are with his family and friends."

New GM Geoff Webb and League Commissioner Matt Rectenwald immediately worked together to find a proper honorarium for Murphy. "Life is short, my friends. Savor every moment for it could all be gone. My thoughts and prayers are with the Murphy family and I'm sure you will all join me in mourning the loss of a long time competitor and friend," said Rectenwald. "I have worked together with Mr. Webb and the Brewster Foundation and in Ed Murphy's honor we have made a contribution to the Des Moines Kernels. With this contribution the Kernels are officially re-naming their stadium in Murphy's honor. The Edward Murphy Memorial Stadium will also be getting an addition of 5,000 seats. I know the people of Des Moines and the Murphy family will remember him fondly. He will be missed."
Well, that’s pretty awesome. Going to have to try and one up this by getting Des Moines to the playoffs with some of Ed’s players.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”