Informal PPT update

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: Informal PPT update

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 am

RonCo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:10 pm
crobillard wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 am
97+% exports. WOW.
This league has always been outstanding in exports, to this is almost--but not quite--a record. Maybe if everyone got super-diligent this last few sims we could make that happen.

:)
97% eh? That's like an Asian F - COME ON FELLAS we need 100% ;)

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 pm

More than the exports, I can't believe that seven GM's still can't reach the minimum requirements despite all this extra time? If you haven't got time to write because of real life, I feel for you, I've been in that position myself, its normally resulted in me leaving the league which is why I've got such a patchy record in the BBA. There's a million leagues out there though that don't require any writing or perhaps we should vote to lower this taxing imposition?
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

drummerJ99
Ex-GM

Post by drummerJ99 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 pm
More than the exports, I can't believe that seven GM's still can't reach the minimum requirements despite all this extra time? If you haven't got time to write because of real life, I feel for you, I've been in that position myself, its normally resulted in me leaving the league which is why I've got such a patchy record in the BBA. There's a million leagues out there though that don't require any writing or perhaps we should vote to lower this taxing imposition?
To be fair..not every person has had "all this extra time". My job didn't shut down, not even for a day. And we did move to 4 sims per week. Not saying that's a excuse as it's really not hard to write 6 team news articles. That equals out to about 1 per in game month.
GBC Sydney Sharks: 2055-
Montreal Blazers: 2041-2044, 2049-2051
UMEBA Istanbul Bosphorus: 2039 & 2040

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue May 19, 2020 5:16 pm

I love passion for contribution more than the next guy, but today I think it's best to just give each other high fives and bask in the glow of a fabulous BBA season.
  • 97% exports for an entire league is flat-out brilliant.
  • The UMEBA is at something like 83%, which is an all-time record for that league--astounding given that I don't account for their turnover well (and we stole a GM in mid-season).
  • Both the BBA and UMEBA rocked out in PPT and posts.
  • For those who missed it, here were my little ramblings on PPT earlier this year.
Bottom line: I am flabbergasted in the bestest way possible with where our league is in the category of participation--especially when I know it happened against a backdrop where several of our GMs were slammed with providing support to their communities as essential workers. If their choice was between delivering food to people in lock-down or writing more TN, I know which option I favor. Some have personal issues. Some health issues.

It's all good.

So ... anyway ... parts of the above ramblings that I think apply here:
On Requirements: ...

Bottom line: My view is that we need the requirements to be there so that we have a baseline to compare results against. But GMs should really focus on just having fun adding to the world around us, and let that fall where it may.
On Time Sinks: ...

Everyone is different. Sometimes, in fact, when life is hard it’s actually helpful to throw more time into your team. Sometimes it’s not. Don’t worry. Be happy. If life gets hard, do your best.

In these days where we have a lot of high-volume participation going on, I think it’s important to remember there is nothing wrong with simply hitting the “bare minimums.”
If we do have GMs who aren't able to pull their weight, be assured that the governing board will manage those cases as we always have. In the meantime, when I publish this year's numbers I want every person in this league to be as happy as I am at what we've all been able to accomplish. This is the moment to look at the bright side of life, you know? The world we've created this year has been truly marvelous.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Awesome job...been a great season with the close races, UMEBA expansion, new faces, fun features, and podcasts for days. Oh, and the poetry.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”