Comparing player ages in BBA vs. UMEBA

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
allenciox
Ex-GM

Comparing player ages in BBA vs. UMEBA

Post by allenciox » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:33 pm

So I was looking in the team age page on StatsPlus and it is interesting to see the average ages for ML vs. Farm clubs BBA vs. UMEBA.

1. So, for ML age, the top eight teams (highest average) ML age are all the UMEBA teams. In other words, every UMEBA ML team has a higher average age than any of the BBA teams. Just goes to show how much we grab those BBA players that are let go for getting long in the tooth.

2. The same thing is "generally" true for AAA, just not to as great an extent. The top five teams in AAA age are all UMEBA teams, and the lowest UMEBA team is 12th overall.

3. For A , the situation is reversed. The six "youngest" A teams are all UMEBA teams. My guess is that we in UMEBA must do more speculation with young players that may or may not develop.

4. For double A there is no discernible pattern. BBA teams and UMEBA teams are spread evenly throughout the age distribution.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Comparing player ages in BBA vs. UMEBA

Post by Fat Nige » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:28 pm

I think as this is the first season for the UMEBA AA it will take a few seasons to settle out. As the UMEBA grows in stature and age the average age of it's players will very slowly come down as the franchises slowly develop their own players rather than rely on failed BBA wantabes
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”