2039: Injury Rates Revisited

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

2039: Injury Rates Revisited

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:23 pm

BBA Medical Office Releases Mid-Season Injury Report
With half the year gone, it seems like a good time to take one more look at injury rates. To remind folks, after a bloody 2037 drew (probably quite reasonable complaints), Matt dropped the injury rate inside the game. The result was about a 40% drop in overall totals. My sense from the league as a whole is this feels closer to “right” in the sense that “right” means that we think dealing with injuries is part of the game, but no one wants a war zone.

Regardless, I’ve been wanting to see how “sticky” the setting is. So I pulled the latest html injury report and ran it through the injury script. The bottom line is that the 2039 rate of injury is nearly identical to that of 2038—with DTD bumps and bruises gently up and lost time injuries gently down. In other words, it seems like the mix is pretty stable for us.

Aside – I should note that we have yet to hit a Career Ending Injury at the BBA level this year (he says, fingers crossing)

Anyway, barring some new twist out of OOTP itself, I’d say it feels like we’ve hit the right recipe?

Below find the respective charts, and then I’ll attach the injury data in .csv form in case anyone wants to do some deeper diving.

2039-inj-mid-year.PNG
Attachments
BBA-INJURIES.csv
(30.08 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2039: Injury Rates Revisited

Post by recte44 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Seems right

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm

The injuries this season seem a little more realistic than what is has been in the recent past.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm

#fakenews

Mlb has double, maybe close to triple the current injuries of the BBA. I'm too lazy and non confrontational to count or link them. But that is the truth.

I don't really care. We don't have to mimic mlb. I know we've been down this road before and some want more injuries then others. I'm a depth guy, so I obviously would like more realistic injuries. But at the end of the day it's not my decision and I respect the consensus cause this league is awesome.

I just feel stuff like this is just bait for more arguments. Injury rates weren't wrong before and are not wrong now. They are whatever the league office sets them at and that's what we go by.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pm

ae37jr wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:05 pm
#fakenews

Mlb has double, maybe close to triple the current injuries of the BBA. I'm too lazy and non confrontational to count or link them. But that is the truth.

I don't really care. We don't have to mimic mlb. I know we've been down this road before and some want more injuries then others. I'm a depth guy, so I obviously would like more realistic injuries. But at the end of the day it's not my decision and I respect the consensus cause this league is awesome.

I just feel stuff like this is just bait for more arguments. Injury rates weren't wrong before and are not wrong now. They are whatever the league office sets them at and that's what we go by.
I agree there is no "wrong" here. If we were all me, the injury rate would be back were it was because, yes, you're also right that MLB history would show about twice the injuries as we get (the 40/60 split in the link is close enough to double to count for this conversation)--and while I hate seeing my guys get hurt, I enjoy the problem solving that comes with it. But we are not all me, and it seems the majority find the current setting palatable.

If posting what's happening creates arguments, I'll stop posting them. :)

Actually, I'll probably stop posting them at this point anyway, unless we make more changes.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”