Extension Demands vs FA Demands

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
Ted
Ex-GM

Extension Demands vs FA Demands

Post by Ted » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:59 am

So, my first OOTP was 15. And I noticed something easy to manipulate that seemed an oversight. Player extension demands had the same timeline as FA demands. That is, they'd peak when FA opened, drop after Jan 1, and plummet when either Spring training or the season started. I don't remember which.

I feel that this sort of went away a good deal in later versions, however, in 19 and 20 I feel like I've noticed it again. The last few years, I've had players who I looked for an extension for after the end of the season, then thought "We'll shit, that guy's gone after this coming year" due to outrageous demands. Then lo and behold, a few months later they drop their demands to 50-75% of their initial demands when the rest of the FA's do.

Are you guys seeing the same pattern again? If so, is this something that should be addressed with the devs? I don't know for certain what is realistic, but this really doesn't seem to make sense.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: Extension Demands vs FA Demands

Post by GoldenOne » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am

Noticed that a little last year. I've seen it with some arbitration demands too for some of them. As soon as the season ended, they were demanding less.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”