2038, BBA Draft Chatter

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038, BBA Draft Chatter

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 pm

udlb58 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 pm
RonCo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:59 am
After a couple days work, I think I know what caused the mega glut of prospects. More to come.

There is no question that the dev engine will not kill it all the bloat. It can only do so much. So there will be ratings growth... how much is semi-predictable with some focused work. But the important thing to note is that the sky had shifted, not fallen. :)
I'll have to remember that. 'You didn't fall off the roof. You merely shifted from the roof to the ground (quickly).' :D
That did sound kind of funny, didn't it?

I was meaning that in the holistic fashion across the league rather than in the individual fashion for that one player...who clearly had an impact event. :cool:
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

udlb58
Ex-GM

Post by udlb58 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:10 pm

RonCo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 pm
udlb58 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 pm
RonCo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:59 am
After a couple days work, I think I know what caused the mega glut of prospects. More to come.

There is no question that the dev engine will not kill it all the bloat. It can only do so much. So there will be ratings growth... how much is semi-predictable with some focused work. But the important thing to note is that the sky had shifted, not fallen. :)
I'll have to remember that. 'You didn't fall off the roof. You merely shifted from the roof to the ground (quickly).' :D
That did sound kind of funny, didn't it?

I was meaning that in the holistic fashion across the league rather than in the individual fashion for that one player...who clearly had an impact event. :cool:
I know :P

I don't know if OOTP handles it better, but between versions 2007-13, I definitely saw a couple of leagues suffer from gradual ratings shifts thanks to consistently more talented draft classes than the league had seen previously. It's a catch 22, either this is the new norm and the current stars quickly become overtaken by the recent draftees; or this is a once-in-a-generation (franchise speaking) class that will likely be making up large portions of BBA rosters for years to come. Neither are really great, nor terrible. Just potential new norms. We just don't know what that new norm will be and I think some of the guys who had gotten comfortable are not liking the potential uncertainty (myself included in this group)
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm pretty sure we are in the middle of a migration to a new norm due to the shifts to big talent draft classes (not due to this one event, though). Uncertainty is always aggravating in some ways, interesting in others. Online leagues often "suffer" through these things because the culture eventually starts to call for more exciting drafts. Which is essentially what's happened in the BBA. But, as I said, I think the BBA is bigger than this issue.

That said, even with heightened dev lumps, I agree it's likely we'll be seeing this draft class work its way through the snake. I don't think we'll see 80 Hall of Famers from it, but there will be quite a few, I'd suspect.
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:32 pm

I can now pretty much confirm that the sky is not falling, and that we should be stabilizing out soon (depending on exactly when we amped up the PCMs for better draft classes) but that we're caught in a perfect storm tsunami of sorts. Matt's doing some peer-review of some stuff to confirm...assuming he does, one of us will put out some info.
Roster

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 pm

I feel like I should fire myself. I just realized I drafted 2 impossible to sign with my 1st 2 picks. I am really at a loss of words and not sure how that happened. When I made my list I thought I removed the impossible guys and I never checked sign ability later because I thought I already removed them during my draft list work. I have done many drafts through the years and never done something this dumb. I really don't care about the 1st pick I will roll that but I will lose the comp pick over a huge mistake.

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Sometimes you can sign impossible guys with a big offer. Worth a try.
Roster

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm

RonCo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:30 pm
Yea I will give it a try but I am just really upset at myself. I spent hours on this class navigating through guys and I missed something that simple. I have been playing this game awhile I should not be making this type of mistake.

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't realize I had eleven different players I had to negotiate with and left my budget a bit too short.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:09 pm

handaspencer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm
RonCo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:30 pm
Yea I will give it a try but I am just really upset at myself. I spent hours on this class navigating through guys and I missed something that simple. I have been playing this game awhile I should not be making this type of mistake.
Well...as my grand dad might once have said: pain teaches.
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”