Can someone figure out how to fix the "Insert URL"?

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
niles08
BBA GM

Can someone figure out how to fix the "Insert URL"?

Post by niles08 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

I know this has probably been discussed, but since the board went under the makeover last year, our "insert URL" piece changed....

Before you could highlight the player's name you wanted to link from and paste the URL in the box. Now if you highlight it and click the link, it just adds the coding but doesn't link correctly.

Basically, before when you would highlight someone's name and click insert URL, you got a box to put the link in and that was it. With the way it is now, you can't highlight anything, and must put the link in, type the players name again, and then erase the players name from where you had already typed it. It's sort of a pain in the rear.

I'll dangle out a 35-40 ovr prospect to anybody who can figure out how to fix it.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: Can someone figure out how to fix the "Insert URL"?

Post by agrudez » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

[.url=player html report page]player name[/.url]

Remove the .'s before 'url' on both sides.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:44 pm

I have all the 40-man player's copied out like above on a word doc, a bit of a pain first time round but after that all you have to do is copy & paste from the word doc straight into your article
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm

agrudez wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm
[.url=player html report page]player name[/.url]

Remove the .'s before 'url' on both sides.
It's not that I don't know how to do it without clicking the button...I just miss the way it was...

It is inconvenient and something that I truly dislike as I typically write my articles in word before copying them here, and I have to go to each name, find the link, come back, not highlight the players name, click the globe, paste the link, type the players name again in the second box, and then remove the one I had typed to begin with in the article...

Before I could have just highlighted the players name, clicked the globe, pasted the link and clicked okay.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm

So I have a lot of stuff to do at the moment regarding previews. I'm also looking for a job. But I'm working on writing a PHP extension for us that will allow in-line linking as you type. The thing slowing me down is that I didn't know PHP. And the last piece of anything of note I wrote was in java, and ten years ago (incidentally for another baseball league). But, I don't really see any reason I won't be able to do this. It's just gonna take me a bit of time. Anyway, I hoping that by the middle of next season, I have something. At the very worst, I'll have a url converter that actually works for all players. Ideally, I'll have something that you enter a keystroke (or click a button, depending on your preference) and type a player's name and it just links. No copying, no pasting, no opening other windows or moving the cursor away from where you are typing.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm

That would be absolutely incredible!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”