Wavier Wire Question

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
handaspencer
GBC GM

Wavier Wire Question

Post by handaspencer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:04 am

I have a question. I put a few guys on waivers last sim and all of them cleared waivers. They all cleared waivers and had 0 days left in DFA with the new file. My question is with us doing 2 week sims nobody has the opportunity to claim them, and teams have the opportunity to sneak guys through. This seems like a competitive advantage for the deeper teams who can use this time to clear guys without anyone having the opportunity to claim them. Not trying to cause issues was just shocked that basically the waiver wire don't exist because everybody clears since the sim period is longer than the waiver period.

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Wavier Wire Question

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:08 am

Good note. I'm reposting this in ping:commish.

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:51 am

Excellent catch

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 am

Well in my situation I was hoping another team could use the guys I put on waivers. I was rather disappointed nobody claimed them, then it hit me nobody even had the chance for the claim :violin:

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:22 am

I don't think this actually matters since waiving only removes them from the active roster. They will still be Rule 5 eligible if appropriate and will get automatically added to your spring training roster if they are on your 40-man. So, you'll have to protect them from the Rule 5 and waive them *again* in April either way.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:46 am

If they pass through waivers, can't you remove them from your 40 man and stash them in the minors? I suppose it's correct that they will be available for the Rule V, but after the Rule V, then you can just stash them.

Edit: The objective of "waivers" is that other teams get a chance to claim your players off waivers before a team can stash them in their minors and remove said player(s) from the 40 man roster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”