StatsLab 101

Important Files, Links, and Questions
recte44
GB: Commissioner

StatsLab 101

Post by recte44 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:27 am

New GM?
The link to StatsLab is on the top forum banner, but it is: http://baseballretrospective.com/MBBA/statslab/
If you're a new GM, your default StatsLab profile is: baseball

Updating your StatsLab Profile:
When you first sign in, or if you change an email addy, etc; you need to update your StatsLab profile.
http://baseballretrospective.com/MBBA/s ... /login.php

You can update the following:
-email
-AIM
-Facebook
-Twitter
*(these are all "nice")...
but the most important one is:
-FORUM PM LINK

When this is updated properly, it allows GM's to PM you directly from the Trade Block page and makes StatsLab the interactive supplement to the league that it is designed to be!

To get your "Forum PM Link" simply go to the "Members" link at the top right hand side of the forums, click on yourself, then right click on "Send private message" and "copy link address". Paste this link into your StatsLab forum profile under "Forum PM Link".

Official StatsLab "ReadMe" Files
*Get all the inside information on how the program works!*
StatsLab Read Me File
StatsLab Patch 1 Read Me File
StatsLab Patch 2 Read Me File
StatsLab Patch 3 Read Me File

corbino77

Re: StatsLab 101

Post by corbino77 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks for posting this -- it will help the new guys for sure!

recte44

Post by recte44 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

Patch 2.1.0

New Features:
- New Sim Preview page available in Last Sim module, including the following:
- - Noteworthy upcoming matchups
- - Active team win/loss streaks
- - Active player streaks (pitcher wins, batter hits, etc)
- - Hot/Cold lists
- - Listing of players on DL who are expected back in the next sim
- - Triple crown contenders (after 1/3 of the season is complete)
- - Players with chance to hit .400 (after 1/3 of the season is complete)
- Team stats page in Last Sim module will now has game splits section to display inning-by-inning scoring and record when winning, losing, or tied after X innings.
- Team stats page in Last Sim module now has Starter and Reliever splits under pitching stats.
- Player stats page in Last Sim module now has ability to display stats accrued versus a single opponent
- Player stats page will now display strength of opposition for pitchers
- Ground balls, fly balls, and ground ball percentage added to player leaderboards
- The Draft admin page now lets you define draft rounds as supplemental rounds (just a display change, and you'll need to schedule an additional round)
- When the draft timer is on, a floating sidebar will now display the time remaining till the next pick is due, and will scroll with your screen
- The draft war room can now be filtered depending on if a player is on your team's draft list or not.
- New widget that can be used to display the last X and/or next X picks in your draft
- - Format is "widget.php?show=draftList&league_id=100&lastX=3&n extX=5"
- Various other miscellaneous enhancements

Fixes:
- Several draft fixes, notably one where the entire draft would uncontrollably auto draft itself even if told not to.
- Fixed issue with pitcher innings in team history pitching records
- Fixed team stats page to show only regular season games when "Season" option is selected
- Various other miscellaneous fixes

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

recte44 wrote:New GM?
The link to StatsLab is on the top forum banner, but it is: http://baseballretrospective.com/MBBA/statslab/
If you're a new GM, your default StatsLab profile is: baseball

Updating your StatsLab Profile:
When you first sign in, or if you change an email addy, etc; you need to update your StatsLab profile.
http://baseballretrospective.com/MBBA/s ... /login.php
Yeah I am new GM, and I don't see anywhere on StatsLab how to create a new account. The second link just brings me to a log in page that has a drop-down box of, I guess, people who already have an account. I don't see a place to create a new account.

LambeauLeap
Ex-GM

Post by LambeauLeap » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:49 am

He'll put you in once he's back and gets the file and everything configured for 2002. He spent most of the day Friday trying and failing at converting before Aaron saved us with a good conversion to v12.
Brad Browne
Editor, Guam Today
---
1986: Chicago Black Sox (73-89)
1987-1991: Valencia Stars/Suns (341-469)
1998-2005: Austin Riverbats/Marquette Suns (697-600)

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 am

LambeauLeap wrote:He'll put you in once he's back and gets the file and everything configured for 2002. He spent most of the day Friday trying and failing at converting before Aaron saved us with a good conversion to v12.
Ok, I just guessed that there must be a connection between having the new league file and having a StatsLab account. thanks

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Stop it. I'll get a big head.

Oh, wait, now that I think about it, no danger. Carry on.

recte44

Post by recte44 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I'll actually be installing two new versions of StatsLab. One for the MBBA and one for the EBA.

Much patience here folks, as this is a doozy of a conversion.

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

When is the next major season event? Just so I can pretend that I know what I am supposed to be doing...

recte44

Post by recte44 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Right now you're doing what we're all doing: waiting for that slow Recte to finish the conversion to OOTP12.

TimB
Ex-GM

Post by TimB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Al-Hoot wrote:When is the next major season event? Just so I can pretend that I know what I am supposed to be doing...
The next major event is Hawaii hosting the MBBA topless spring training all star game. You're playing shortstop.

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 pm

TimB wrote:
Al-Hoot wrote:When is the next major season event? Just so I can pretend that I know what I am supposed to be doing...
The next major event is Hawaii hosting the MBBA topless spring training all star game. You're playing shortstop.
I don't mind that. Although, I generally play first base. Speaking of topless, our next Aloha Team News will be all about our 2001-2002 off season gala extravaganza luau where we ate roast pig and announced our 2001 team awards. Or will it be the one about the founder of baseball in Hawaii--I forget our print schedule.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ”