EDIT: NEVER MIND

Announcements from the Governing Board found here
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Extra Sim for the next 4-6 weeks!

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Lane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:57 pm
There is no PP deduction for missing a sim.
You are right that there is no point deduction for missing sim...as there is with missing a vote.

But it's also fair to note that missing a sim is a lost PPT opportunity that others get. Not a big one, but over the 4-6 weeks it's worth a little.

So...there's that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:18 pm

RonCo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Lane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:57 pm
There is no PP deduction for missing a sim.
You are right that there is no point deduction for missing sim...as there is with missing a vote.

But it's also fair to note that missing a sim is a lost PPT opportunity that others get. Not a big one, but over the 4-6 weeks it's worth a little.

So...there's that.
There's hidden penalties for missing sims, I've missed exporting once and it cost me Bryan Robson because his DFA had run out. I'd fixed that but I'd forgotten to export so I suffered the penalty. Now I'm being offered the chance to suffer that once every week, and that's good?
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 pm

recte44 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Let's give it a try for just this week. If the one extra sim is still creating an issue for ANYONE, I'll stop it.
Thank you for that Matt, but I doubt that anyone but Neil and myself would complain. My four TN a sim schedule will be wrecked, but I should be happy that all these unexpectedly losing GM's will be another sim closer to not losing in their minds.
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:24 pm

True enough. I understand your point. I was only responding to the PPT comment, though.
Roster

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:29 pm

I think this is great and a very nice idea with the current landscape. I believe when I first came into the league there was 4 sims a week but I could be wrong. It just sure does seem like there is a decade between sims sometimes.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Oops. Looks like my post didn’t go through. I haven’t been as active as I’d like lately, so this news to me. Not a fan myself. More interested in seeing good writing than escalating seasons. Not a huge deal for me, but I would’ve voted no.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 pm
recte44 wrote:
Let's give it a try for just this week. If the one extra sim is still creating an issue for ANYONE, I'll stop it.
Thank you for that Matt, but I doubt that anyone but Neil and myself would complain. My four TN a sim schedule will be wrecked, but I should be happy that all these unexpectedly losing GM's will be another sim closer to not losing in their minds.
Don’t attack the other GM’s that want more BBA to fill empty time. That’s not cool.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:39 pm

I don't believe there's ever been a regular four sims and I've been here off and on since 1995
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
recte44 wrote:
why do you think this has to do with GMs that are losing and not the fact that the commissioner and many others are not working/working from home and would enjoy more BBA to occupy their time?
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:49 pm

bschr682 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:38 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
recte44 wrote:
Don’t attack the other GM’s that want more BBA to fill empty time. That’s not cool.
I'm not attacking anybody, the BBA is still there to fill your time whether you have a sim or not. There's a whole world to explore, it's still there sim or not.
Lane wrote: why do you think this has to do with GMs that are losing and not the fact that the commissioner and many others are not working/working from home and would enjoy more BBA to occupy their time?
Because all I'm reading on slack is (losing) GM's saying how good it would be to get this season over with ( with the inference that next season they can get back to the percieved order of BBA ranking)
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

Lane

Post by Lane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Because all I'm reading on slack is (losing) GM's saying how good it would be to get this season over with ( with the inference that next season they can get back to the percieved order of BBA ranking)
Nigel, please. This is nothing to do with those GMs. I am 100% sure they are complaining in jest. Matt's decision is entirely due to the fact that he and many others are at home WAY more than usual, and would like to fill more time with BBA sims.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Dington wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Oops. Looks like my post didn’t go through. I haven’t been as active as I’d like lately, so this news to me. Not a fan myself. More interested in seeing good writing than escalating seasons. Not a huge deal for me, but I would’ve voted no.
I love you lol, a man after my own heart and someone who understands my point. The BBA has always had that balance between speed and writing history just right. Now tinkering with that balance might upset that finely balanced applecart
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Lane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
Nigel, please. This is nothing to do with those GMs. I am 100% sure they are complaining in jest. Matt's decision is entirely due to the fact that he and many others are at home WAY more than usual, and would like to fill more time with BBA sims.
I take your point about the 'said in jest' entirely, I'm sure it is. But my point is why do you have to have more sims to fill your time with BBA? Why not dig deeper into what you already have? A lot freely admit they largely ignore their minors, why not use this extra time to peruse and improve them, or maybe to even write about them?
Nigel Laverick

Riyadh GM since May 2046

Nothing since

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Lane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm
Fat Nige wrote:
I've had losing teams since I came into Nashville in 2034....finishing the season 2-3 weeks earlier because we have 4 sims (like was already said, we used to do when Nigel was in Louisville) a week really makes no big deal to me. I was only joking about getting to next year's draft again. We could go to 1 sim a week and I doubt my writing would increase. I either get in the mood and write a bunch or I dont. I spend a lot of my time trying to figure out my team and how I might be able to make it better now and for future seasons. I dont have much in the minors, as an expansion team, so I know what is worth looking at and what is not every sim.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Lane

Post by Lane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Because as much as we love digging through things, the fundamental aspect of the game is, well, the games. We want to see our boys play.

And for guys that don't care to dive into their minors, they're probably not going to be suddenly more interested in spending more time on them.

I love the contributions that you're making with your writing, and I'm happy to see you writing about your minors. However I don't think I'll ever write about my minors outside of top prospects.
Stephen Lane
Since 2026

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Nigel's point that there is a balance between speed and writing time is true. Three sims a weeks tends to be a good general cycle...

On the other hand, when I came into the league we used to do 10 games, three times a week, so the week included 30 games and the season finished in, what, 6 real weeks? Now we do 7 games three times a week so a week has 21 games, and we play a season in about 8 weeks. I tend to like the slightly longer period so we get a little more fidelity in our writing. But I note that when we extended the realtime nature of the season we didn't change (expand) the writing requirements.

I think the far more important aspect is that the cycle needs to be at least relaxed enough to allow all GMs to DL the files and export. This was my logic in suggesting we go to every other day...though I understand that means the sim schedule goes away from set "days." Even for me, the back-to-back sim days feel tight. That said, I'll tell my guys to lace them up and play the games whenever the league says we're going to play them.
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Lane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:01 pm
Because as much as we love digging through things, the fundamental aspect of the game is, well, the games. We want to see our boys play.
As a personal position, I do find the three-day spans a little angsty but back-to-back sim days are considerably less fun. But, this is a short span in the scheme of things, and I'm a big boy. I'll just try to make sure I hit the right red button more often so I don't have to do things twice! :)
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Nigel's point about the structure of the league making it harder for some guys to actually do their export is the most important risk we're taking by this acceleration. I've often said that the most important participation measure is Export rate, which, in the BBA has pretty much always been well over 90%.
Roster

drummerJ99
Ex-GM

Post by drummerJ99 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:12 pm

As someone who voted no, still not a huge fan of 4 sims but I'll live. I'm still working 5 days a week so nothing has changed for me, other then working nights now. Would have preferred it 7AM Saturday (instead of 7pm Friday) but shouldn't be a big deal for me.
GBC Sydney Sharks: 2055-
Montreal Blazers: 2041-2044, 2049-2051
UMEBA Istanbul Bosphorus: 2039 & 2040

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Ok psyche. Back to normal schedule

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Announcements”