- We will expand to 32 teams in 2040.
- The league structure will be 4 divisions of 8 teams
- Schedule: 14 games vs. each division opponent, 8 against each outside our division. No inter-league.
- There will be a total of 12 playoff teams, 4 division winners and 8 total wild cards
- The teams will be aligned as listed below.
- One expansion team will be in the Johnson League Atlantic (Charlotte) with GM to be announced
- One expansion team will be in the Frick League Pacific (Portland) with GM to be announced
Code: Select all
Atlantic Frontier Heartland Pacific ATC (JLA) LV (JLSB) DM (FLH) HAW (FLP) BRK (JLA) PHX(JLSB) MAD (FLH) LBC (FLP) CCJ (JLA) SA (JLSB) OMA (FLH) SFB (FLP) RCK (JLA) MEX (JLSB) TWC (FLH) VAL (FLP) MNT (JLA) WIC (JLSB) YS9 (FLH) CAL (FLP) NO (JLSE) BOI (FLF) LOU (JLSE) SEA (FLF) JAX (JLSE) CLG (FLF) NSH (JLSE) VAN (FLF) CHA (EXP) EDM (FLP) CHI (JLSE) POR (EXP)
1) The expansion draft will occur after the 2039 Landis is complete
2) All players with three professional seasons or less on draft day will be automatically protected
3) Existing teams will be able to protect an additional 19 players
4) The two expansion teams will alternate selecting players in an order determined by random coin flip.
5) Once an existing team has lost three players, no additional selections may be made from that club
6) The draft will continue until each existing team has lost three players
The expansion teams will receive the #1 and #2 slots, with the team who lost the expansion draft coin flip being slotted first.
Per constitution rules, expansion teams will be slotted into this and future drafts based on their winning percentages.