Governing Board Decision - UMEBA/BBA Waivers

Announcements from the Governing Board found here
bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: Governing Board Decision - UMEBA/BBA Waivers

Post by bcslouck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:24 am

agrudez wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 pm
I'd be against interaction between the leagues. Times infinity while GMs have teams in both.
Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, it's 2 different leagues. They shouldn't interact other than Rule 6 transactions.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 am

I think there needs to be interaction from the UMEBA stand point. When I started in the EBA I felt like I was on an island. There are only 8 teams. Naturally you will have a couple that are just barely active enough to not get kicked out. And then every time a great gm comes along they get rushed to the BBA.

You feel like a second class citizen. It's extremely hard to make trades, 95% of free agents don't want to negotiate and a lot of the times you feel like it's a solo league because all teams do is dl and export.

Eventually I want to come over full time and help change that culture. I really like that Brett wants to be there. That is huge. The UMEBA needs GM's that want to be there to make it feel special. This new batch of GM's seems really, really promising. But with expansion and turnover they are likely just teasing the UMEBA.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:23 am

ae37jr wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 am
I think there needs to be interaction from the UMEBA stand point. When I started in the EBA I felt like I was on an island. There are only 8 teams. Naturally you will have a couple that are just barely active enough to not get kicked out. And then every time a great gm comes along they get rushed to the BBA.

You feel like a second class citizen. It's extremely hard to make trades, 95% of free agents don't want to negotiate and a lot of the times you feel like it's a solo league because all teams do is dl and export.

Eventually I want to come over full time and help change that culture. I really like that Brett wants to be there. That is huge. The UMEBA needs GM's that want to be there to make it feel special. This new batch of GM's seems really, really promising. But with expansion and turnover they are likely just teasing the UMEBA.
More interaction is definitely good. I'm just leery of trades, or anything that lets BBA teams dump salary. There are other ways to interact. I wish there was a way to get more FA's to negotiate. especially the minor league caliber guys. Does the type of league it is set as make a difference? I don't know where Matt has it right now, but maybe change the league settings? For example, in a default MLB league, Nippon Professional Baseball is set as an "international league" with a league rep of 9 (max is 10). The US Independent leagues have reps as high as 5 and 6.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 am

We'll get there. Ill do my best to be noisy and keep people engaged. The only real thing left to iron out is the interaction between the leagues as in the rule 6 but right now there isn't a single guy in UMEBA that a BBA team wants so no rush on that.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:58 am

It just takes the right group of guys. The EBA was pretty lively when I was there with Tyler and Chey.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Announcements”