ALL MBBA GM's: Info Needed

Announcements from the Governing Board found here
recte44
GB: Commissioner

ALL MBBA GM's: Info Needed

Post by recte44 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 am

1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)?
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)?
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)?
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)?
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)?

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: ALL MBBA GM's: Info Needed

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 am

No to the first three questions.

Yes to the fourth; I have internet access daily.

And nothing prevents me from being part of the league on a daily basis. I don't spend all day on the site, but I'm on for at least ten or fifteen minutes every day, sometimes as much as an hour.

mad0die
Ex-GM

Post by mad0die » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 am

1. Yes - Droid
2. Yes / Yes. TheGUBA on Twitter.
3. No
4. Yes
5. Nothing going on here

recte44

Post by recte44 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 am

Yes, Droid X.

Yes: Twitter: (recte44, bbretro)
Facebook: recte44

Yes, have news feeds on my phone, have also just started ATOM feeding the MBBA and ORB2 forums (see main page of BaseballRetrospective.com).

4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)?
Not always, as cell phones aren't allowed at my restaurant, though I can check occassionally depending on my day. When not at work, I have constant internet availability through Droid X.

5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)?
Time is the issue, but also changing my mentality from having to be on the desktop computer to be active....thinking of ways to adapt leagues with the times is the main goal of this exercise.

cramsey51
Ex-GM

Post by cramsey51 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 am

1. No
2. Yes, Facebook only
3. Yes - sports sites only
4. No
5. Nothing
Chris Ramsey
MBBA - Buffalo Bison GM 1995-2001
580-554 overall record
1999 FL League Champs
1999 FL Manager of the Year

lchronister
Ex-GM

Post by lchronister » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 am

Yes, Evo

Twitter, barely (lchronister). Facebook, semi-regularly.

I've used them in Google Reader for a number of things, but I haven't used GR in months. Twitter more often is my personalized RSS feed.

I work online, so I'm pretty much always around a computer. And my phone gets my e-mail and the Internet, too.

I'm not on the boards on daily basis (at least not posting on them on a daily basis; I always at least pop on once and check for new posts) because there's not a ton of writing. I don't write every day (or every sim, at least) because sometimes after a long day working on the computer I just want to put it away when I get home. Also, being in another OOTP league and two online NCAA 11 leagues takes some of my time each morning/night/weekend. I'm trying to get my work schedule to be closer to a 9-to-5, though, so that I have less computer burnout when I get home and more hours at home to be productive.

braveheart
Ex-GM

Post by braveheart » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm

1. yes, crackberry
2. yes, both. use FB alot more than twatter. braveheart13 (will post real URL later)
3. yes, mainly news updates from digg. Not regularly and not in a while.
4. yes, thou I have using my phone for internets, but I have it at work/home obv.
5. nothing specific. Right now, nothing at all. Sometimes daily, non-interwebs life gets in the way.

lynchy34
Ex-GM

Post by lynchy34 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)? Yes, Blackberry Tour
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)? Facebook - Mike Lynch in Dover, NH
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)? No
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)? I have e-mail/Internet access basically 24/7.
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)? With a 4-month-old at home, I don't have a ton of free time at home. What prevents from being more active is twofold really - a lack of activity here (I know, furthering the problem) and busy days at work.
Frick League Champions - '95, '98, '00
Frick Midwest Champions - '98
General Manager of the Year - '98

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:21 pm

no
facebook - bschr682
no
daily access monday thru friday, weekends are sketchy
i have no limits during the week. weekends are a crapshoot.
GM Vancouver Mounties

leejay56

Post by leejay56 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 am

1. Do you plan to return next season? YES

2. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)? BLACKBERRY,,

3. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/leehonigsfeld

4. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)? NO

5. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)? AT WORK BUT DONT HAVE MUCH TIME

6. What limits you from being involved more in the ORB2 on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)? Just like everyone else, have two boys now there 15, my wife, my business which takes allot of my time, so any extra time is spend here or two other lgs...

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Post by cheekimonk » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:19 am

1. Yes. Blackberry.
2. No Twitter, but I am on Facebook (Ben Teague in Charlotte, NC).
3. I don't use Atom or RSS feeds myself, but I use RSS on a personal blog and could use it if we decide to utilize that feature.
4. Internet, yes. But forums are blocked so I can't reach this site during a workday.
5. Right now, I'm just getting adjusted to the cycle of owning an online team. I've started posting more to my team news. Personally, I like the use of forums instead of a custom developed website that could be (and usually is) cluttered with all sorts of unnecessary info and remind me of Geocities.
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2682-3175, .457 PCT (5,857 games, 36 seasons)
11 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

elligator
Ex-GM

Post by elligator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:25 am

1. Do you have a smart phone - Yes, iPhone
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook - Facebook only, Gates Elliott
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds - Nope
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day - Yeah, I check it on my iPhone as well as on my laptop.
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis:
a) Sim Schedule is a big part, perhaps the biggest. Having encountered those issues myself, I understand the difficulties, but it sucks the interest out of me when I keep checking in and not only do we not have a sim, but no one is even bothering to comment.
b) My own activities in my life. I got recently married and to say it has decreased my availability online is a gross understatement. It's not a bad thing, but it must be taken into account.
c) The lack of participation from other owners on the boards. I alluded to it in answer a, but I am extrovert, even online, and not having anyone posting anything on the boards is frankly boring. If I wanted to just export and run sims without any comments, I could do it by myself at home, and get through seasons much faster.

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 am

1. Do you plan to return next season? YES

2. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)? Nah

3. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)Nope

4. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)? Que?

5. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)? AT WORK depending on the day; I'm either parked in front of a computer or away in the bush miles away from cell service, let alone internet connectivity. You'll find my participation comes in spurts; I may have a slow work week where I'll post a ton, or a real busy one away on location somewhere, where you'll get no input from me. And weekends are OUT! Gotta spend all available weekend time with the kids...

6. What limits you from being involved more in the ORB2 on a daily basis Nothing, when I have the time, I'll post - and when its really active on the boards, I find I'm more active.

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Post by scottsdale_joe » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Nope. I use a dumb cell phone only when traveling.

Nope. Frankly I do not like having an internet presence through social networking sites.

I have used RSS feeds but have none active at the moment.

Except when traveling, yes. I do it mainly from my desktop computer. I am retired so I have no job commitments to worry about and have a fair amount of free time to handle anything I need to do on the computer.

When I am not traveling, it's hard to imagine being anymore involved in the MBBA than I am already. I can access the game and the internet continually during the day and spend several hours on managing my team after every sim (not including the time I spend doing the sims which I recently started doing.)
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Washington9
Ex-GM

Post by Washington9 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:18 pm

recte44 wrote:1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)?
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Yes, when at home.
5. Other commitents limit on and off, but nothing that is usually terribly pressing. Don't think I've missed any exports.

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Post by JimBob2232 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm

1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)? - No
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)? - No
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)? - No
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)? -No
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)? - Personal Commitments

recte44

Post by recte44 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:12 pm

:bump:

Anyone missing??? Let's get this knocked out so I can start implementing our "going forward" plans. And please, send me any potential GM's via Personal Message!

kyaudioguy
Ex-GM

Post by kyaudioguy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 pm

1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics)?Yes, IPhone
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name)? Facebook, but I'm not on it enough to worry about
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what)? Not really, but would if I needed to.
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)? yes, on my phone, but AT&T service can be crap depending on where I am in the country
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)? My work, I am super busy Sunday because we usually load-out, then Monday because we fly, then Tuesday because we load-in to the next city. Wed-Sat I can usually put an hour or so a day into it.

EchoesIE
Ex-GM

Post by EchoesIE » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 pm

1. Do you have a smart phone (if yes, specifics):
Yes, iPhone 3GS
2. Do you use Twitter/Facebook (if yes, specifics including user name):
Yes, Facebook...follow people on Twitter but have never sent anything.
3. Do you ever use RSS/ATOM Feeds (if yes, for what):
RSS on Firefox. I folllow various Sports News outlets and regular news outlets. I'd use a MBBA RSS Feed if I could find one.
4. Do you have accessibility to email/internet either via desktop or phone throughout a normal day (specifics)?:
EMail and Internet both, via my phone.
5. What limits you from being involved more in the MBBA on a daily basis (really use some thought into this one, please!)?:
Just my job really, working from 6 am to 6 pm sometimes.
Josh Cornel - Hawaii Tropics GM
Your MBBA Marketing Director

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Announcements”