Actively seeking Commish/Vice-Commish

Announcements from the Governing Board found here
recte44
GB: Commissioner

Actively seeking Commish/Vice-Commish

Post by recte44 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 am

If we want the MBBA to keep going forward, which I believe we all do, I need someone to step up to the plate here (possibly two people) to help me do so. Looking for someone with more free time than I currently have. The current state of my restaurant team demands a lot more out of me than it did when I launched the league. With the loss of my main simmer, I'm now expected to sim 3+ times a week, sim on time, and "have a clear plan" for the league. I'm obviously failing at this, and it's quite clear to me as it is to most of you.

So, who wants to step up and help out? I want to see this league continue to improve and thrive. The last season has been a big step up. Now, it's time for us to take the last leap back to being an elite league. I can NOT do it on my own.

PM me if you're interested. In the meantime I'm going to continue to give everything I can and limp along as I've been doing.

DoubleB
Ex-GM

Re: Actively seeking Commish/Vice-Commish

Post by DoubleB » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 pm

I thought Gates was Vice Commish... hence my reaction to his vague answer to my FA pick question.
Brian Boulton
GM - Hackensack Bulls (MBBA)
GM - Mexico City Diablos Rojos (GUBA)

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Post by JimBob2232 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Wish I could help...I really do...but I just cant commit to doing anything more than running my team right now.

If I can help out on some non-scheduled basis, let me know...

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

weekends are sketchy for me at times but during the week i regularly have large chunks of free time in the afternoon/evening. I have never simmed before tho. however during the months of november, december, and early january my free time moves to late at night. I work at UPS and those a peak season months. Curse u christmas!
GM Vancouver Mounties

elligator
Ex-GM

Post by elligator » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am

I wish I didn't have to step down from that role. But with the new job, new city, and wedding/marriage upcoming, there's just no time. I could probably manage a once a week sim schedule on Fridays, with backup coverage on Mondays. No chance for Wednesdays though.

kyaudioguy
Ex-GM

Post by kyaudioguy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm

I could try to help. I could sim on Wed, maybe Fridays, but I'm usually traveling on Monday and so it's 50/50 if the internet will be working and fast that first night. Also I have a Mac, but if you would like me to get invloved, write me a PM, I used to Commish a football league and I know how much time it can take.

DenverZeppo
Ex-GM

Post by DenverZeppo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 pm

kyaudioguy wrote:I could try to help. I could sim on Wed, maybe Fridays, but I'm usually traveling on Monday and so it's 50/50 if the internet will be working and fast that first night. Also I have a Mac, but if you would like me to get invloved, write me a PM, I used to Commish a football league and I know how much time it can take.
I'm helping Matt with the sim duties in the ORB2, and it's so quick and easy on the Mac. :) (We're in Mac conversations right now on some other boards I'm on too.)

All you need is Fetch (or a similar FTP program), GUI TAR (or similar extraction and packing program), and the built in Terminal program that your Mac came with.

Zep

elligator
Ex-GM

Post by elligator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 pm

DenverZeppo wrote:
kyaudioguy wrote:I could try to help. I could sim on Wed, maybe Fridays, but I'm usually traveling on Monday and so it's 50/50 if the internet will be working and fast that first night. Also I have a Mac, but if you would like me to get invloved, write me a PM, I used to Commish a football league and I know how much time it can take.
I'm helping Matt with the sim duties in the ORB2, and it's so quick and easy on the Mac. :) (We're in Mac conversations right now on some other boards I'm on too.)

All you need is Fetch (or a similar FTP program), GUI TAR (or similar extraction and packing program), and the built in Terminal program that your Mac came with.

Zep
Is it faster on a Mac, Zep? If so, I might be able to resume duties, since I've now switched to a Mac. How long does it take you to do the ORB2? Loading the league is far faster on the Mac, but I haven't tried creating files and TAR/GZips yet.

DenverZeppo
Ex-GM

Post by DenverZeppo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:37 pm

elligator wrote:
DenverZeppo wrote:

Zep
Is it faster on a Mac, Zep? If so, I might be able to resume duties, since I've now switched to a Mac. How long does it take you to do the ORB2? Loading the league is far faster on the Mac, but I haven't tried creating files and TAR/GZips yet.
The entire process takes me about 30 minutes.

Open OOTP and import all files from other people.
Process trades and pings.
Sim
Create file in OOTP, upload through Fetch
While uploading, create Statslab.tar.gz.
Upload Statslab.tar.gz
Unpack Statslab and start the loading process.
While Statslab is unloading create the league reports tar.
Upload league reports tar.
Unpack league reports tar.
Run dev in Statslab.

Waiting for statslab to load the new info you sent it can take 10 minutes or so, and then you have to run dev in Statslab. It doesn't take me long at all though, especially because Fetch remembers everything I do and saves the places on the FTP server I've been to, so it's easy for me to upload to them without typing a lot of commands or anything.

As long as you know how to use your Mac Terminal program, or can learn it quickly, then you're fine doing it.

Zep

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Announcements”