Only one arbitration loss (2048-1)

GM: VACANT
Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Only one arbitration loss (2048-1)

Post by Fat Nige » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:35 am

Arbitration wins

We only had four arbitration cases after we non-tendered Fraser Pond, he probably could have done a job for us, but when you’re desperate to reduce costs, corners have to be cut wherever you can. We were generally successful in the arbitration hearings too as you general are as a hopeless pathetic team. Only Clive Timberlake actually won his case against us and he was awarded an extra . . . $50 grand more than we were offering. Raymond Ortiz, Ricardo Quadrado & Gustavo Munoz all lost their cases and we saved $1,225,000 on their demands.

All that along with the release of several minimum salary guys which the Sheikh refused to let us extend, brought our wage bill for 2048 down to $47,847,000, just a smidgin over our new allocated budget of $47m. My willingness to reduce the wages has led the Sheikh to loosen the purse strings a bit and offer us about $21m for extensions. If only he’d done that a few weeks earlier, I could have retained two or three of those minimum salary guys I had to release. Still absolutely nothing for any free agents though so it won’t be pretty this off season. We’ll be relying on promoting players from the farm and any minor league free agents we can hoodwink into joining us for nothing. I hope I can then sneak their promotion into minimum salary guys past the sheikh to give us some strength in depth.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Return to “Riyadh Red Crescents”