GM: VACANT
RichY
Ex-GM

2046 Post 2 - A Formal Introduction

Post by RichY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:13 am

THE RED ROOTERS
A Riyadh Red Crescent Fan Site
12/19/46, by Omar Khayyam

The following is the transcript of the press conference introducing Rich Young as the new general manager of the Red Crescents.

Red Crescents PR person: Thank you for coming everyone. We will start with a statement from team owner Abdul-Alim Mufeed and then open it up for questions for Mr. Young.

Abdul-Alim Mufeed:At this point in my life and after building a business from the ground up into the most successful exporter of niotrogeneous fertilizers in Egypt I wanted a new challenge. I always dreamed of owning a UMEBA team after becoming a huge fan of the original Cairo franchise. Well when I heard the UMEBA was expanding again and to Cairo it seemed a natural fit but, long story short my opportunity was actually in Riyadh. It wasn't my original plan but I am now very pleased with how it turned out. It was the same with Mr. Young. We had other plans but when Rich became available we jumped at the chance to hire him. We are comitted to winning here and I think we have the people in place to do that. Fans should be as excited as we are. It will require patience but I believe we will build a team that our fans can be proud of. That said I will be merciful and end my statement.

Red Crescents PR person: We will now open it up to questions.

Q: What are your first impressions of Riyadh?

RY: It's hot. The heat's the first thing you notice. Riyadh is hot, that's never been disputed. It ain't Finland that's for sure.

Q: The are rumors that you had a falling out with Mumbai owner Donald Little over some business dealings involving some carrot farms in Israel. Care to comment?

RY: I won't comment on Mumbai other than to say I enjoyed my time there and I am fond of the players and staff and I wish them luck. I will always remember '45 but my focus now is on Riyadh and the future.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish in this inaugural year for the Red Crescents?

RY: We need to lay the foundation for sustained success and that will of course start with the draft. The draft will be key. Beyond that I want to put a team on the field that fans will want to come and watch even if we don't contend. We need to become a important part of the culture in Riyadh and you do that by ultimately winning of course but until we re in a position to do that, we will employ players that work hard and are fun to root for and there will be more than a few names that are recognizable.

Q: What style of play can the fans expect from this team?

RY: Well, I try not to be dogmatic about that. Style of play I mean. I like wins and I don't much care how we get there. Of course there are certain basics that are pretty much essential but I like to see what players I have and what players I can get at a reasonable price, what they do well and how to put them in a position to excel. I believe in a roster of players that complement each other and that gives the manager flexibility. But I am certainly not writing the book on this. Pretty basic.

Q: What are your thoughts on the UMEBA as a whole right now?

RY: Well it's a great league and I think it is starting to mature. There are some really good GM's here and with the influx of young player talent I think it's going to be very competitive. Then you look at some of the really good players that teams are able to lure away from the BBA in free agency and it's going to be really interesting.

Red Crescents PR person: If there are no more questions that will wrap it up. Thanks everyone!
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Return to “Riyadh Red Crescents”