Cairo Playoff Report 2 (2055.31)

GM: Jessie Ramirez

Moderator: JRamirez

Krathan
BBA GM

Cairo Playoff Report 2 (2055.31)

Post by Krathan » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:56 pm

The Cairo Pharaohs are GBC Champions. Going into the last week of the season, there was a very real chance that they would miss the playoffs altogether. They held off the London Monarchs and earned the right to battle the Athens Fighting Centaurs in an epic 9-game GBC Championship by Denny’s and Marko Worldwide. It was a back and forth series that went the distance with Cairo emphatically claiming the trophy in a 12-1 route in the deciding game 9.

The Pharaoh fans came out in droves to the championship parade and rally. Players and coaches thanked the fans and recounted their favorite memories from the run when they got their opportunity in front of the microphone. Nathan Garrison also spoke to the crowd in his last official moments as the Cairo General Manager.

“I want to say thank you to this organization and this city. I have loved my brief time here and I couldn’t be happier about being able to be part of this amazing team’s run to the title. I will be following and rooting for the Pharaohs for many years to come. I hope this is just the first of many championships here. Go Pharaohs!”
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Cairo Playoff Report 2 (2055.31)

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 am

Krathan wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:56 pm
The Cairo Pharaohs are GBC Champions. Going into the last week of the season, there was a very real chance that they would miss the playoffs altogether. They held off the London Monarchs and earned the right to battle the Athens Fighting Centaurs in an epic 9-game GBC Championship by Denny’s and Marko Worldwide. It was a back and forth series that went the distance with Cairo emphatically claiming the trophy in a 12-1 route in the deciding game 9.

The Pharaoh fans came out in droves to the championship parade and rally. Players and coaches thanked the fans and recounted their favorite memories from the run when they got their opportunity in front of the microphone. Nathan Garrison also spoke to the crowd in his last official moments as the Cairo General Manager.

“I want to say thank you to this organization and this city. I have loved my brief time here and I couldn’t be happier about being able to be part of this amazing team’s run to the title. I will be following and rooting for the Pharaohs for many years to come. I hope this is just the first of many championships here. Go Pharaohs!”
Congrats! Great job!
ImageImageImageImageImage

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Post by cheekimonk » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:43 am

Excellent job!!
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2682-3175, .457 PCT (5,857 games, 36 seasons)
11 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:18 pm

Great way to leave the GBC! i ended my caretaker time as Champion for London. Always leave 'em wanting more!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”