Cairo In-Season Report 25 (2055.28)

GM: Jessie Ramirez

Moderator: JRamirez

Krathan
BBA GM

Cairo In-Season Report 25 (2055.28)

Post by Krathan » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:26 pm

Nathan Garrison sat stunned in his office on the morning of September 22 at Pyramid Park in Cairo and called his top assistants to join him.

He had the current GBC standings projected onto the screen on the wall. He pointed at them and began.

“What the hell is going on?” He demanded. “What is this bullshit?”

The six other men and women in the room sat quietly.

Frederick Abottson broke the silence. “We don’t know Mr. Garrison. It doesn’t make any sense to us either.”

“I’m not crazy, right?” Said the GM. “We weren’t this damn close to London when I went to bed last night…RIGHT? I swear to God we went 3-3 last week. Why does everything say we went 1-5?”

Abottson again “No sir. We went 3-3. We were still 2.5 games up on London last night. And only 2.5 behind Athens. I don’t know what this is either.”

“Ok, so It’s not just me. At least there’s that. But what the ever living hell? Have you talked to anybody else about this? Is it happening to everyone or is it just some kind of sick prank on us?”

A younger woman, Madeline Downs, spoke next. “My mom said it happened to her too. She said she made chicken fettuccine alfredo with broccoli last night and had leftovers. There’s no evidence of it in the fridge and she lives alone. She said there are leftovers of chicken fried rice instead.”

“It’s not just baseball then.” Garrison said with a quiet intensity as he started to pace back and forth across the room. After a moment he shouted “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO OUR GOD DAMN WINS?”

The rest of the room knew better than to try to answer.

“DAMNIT. IF THIS COSTS US THE PLAYOFFS…!” Garrison continued to pace. “GET OUT OF HERE. FIND ME SOME ANSWERS! FIND SOME WAY TO FIX THIS!”

The assistants scurried out of the room knowing there was nothing they could do.

Garrison sat at his desk with his head in his hands. He spoke quietly. “Could this be my fault?”

He sat silently for several minutes, then pulled a small device out of his desk. He stared at it for several minutes.

“Maybe if I use it again it fixes everything. Maybe we’ll get our wins back.”

He paused.

“Or maybe it would make everything worse. God, what have I done?”

He started to put the device back in the desk, but stopped short. Instead, he opened another drawer, pulled out a small black mustache, affixed it to his face and activated the device. He had to find out if everyone in Charlotte had experienced the event as well.

Seconds later, Garrison had disappeared from his office in Cairo. He was sitting at his desk in Charlotte, waiting for his staff to wake up and get to the office. He would try to spend that time trying to figure out how to deal with all of this.

But first, he sat in his chair and let a few tears drop from his eyes. The feeling that he was to blame for this could not be shaken.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Cairo In-Season Report 25 (2055.28)

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:40 pm

Fantastic!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Cairo In-Season Report 25 (2055.28)

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:41 pm

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 854 times