Giza Gab 2052.1 - Smooth Beginnings

GM: Jessie Ramirez

Moderator: JRamirez

taylskid
Ex-GM

Giza Gab 2052.1 - Smooth Beginnings

Post by taylskid » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:47 am

No one was quite sure what to expect out of the newest GM in the GBC, especially as he only arrived on the eve of Opening Day. Reportedly, there were some last-minute travel plan changes needed and resulted in several delays in bringing the fresh GM to Cairo. "To be quite honest, I felt like I was still half-asleep for most of the first couple games; I was quite jet-lagged," the GM joked in his first appearance with the press yesterday after the Pharaoh's 9-2 victory over the London Monarchs.

"Look, obviously the team was already geared up for the season when I arrived, I didn't want to shake up anything right away. I wanted to give everyone some time to show their stuff, both on the field and in the front office. Clearly they were on a pretty decent path when I got here," GM Skidmore continued.

The Pharaohs began their season at full steam, opening with 8 wins and 3 losses in their first two weeks, giving them an early but small lead. Per Bakhuis left the gates with an especially hot bat, slashing .389/.452/.611 with 6 XBH and averaging .476 in the last 6 games.

The Pharaohs play a rubber match with the Monarchs today before returning home to face the Buenos Aires Brisas.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Giza Gab 2052.1 - Smooth Beginnings

Post by Jwalk100 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:30 am

Good to see some former Tropics on these teams.
ImageImageImageImageImage

neugey
Ex-GM

Post by neugey » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:02 pm

Good luck with Cairo! Stay out of the catacombs!

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Good luck but be sure to go easy on Buenos Aires. They have had a rough offseason. They still have the Helmut's House sign up in their stadium because they think he might come back some day.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:29 am

taylskid wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:47 am
No one was quite sure what to expect out of the newest GM in the GBC, especially as he only arrived on the eve of Opening Day. Reportedly, there were some last-minute travel plan changes needed and resulted in several delays in bringing the fresh GM to Cairo. "To be quite honest, I felt like I was still half-asleep for most of the first couple games; I was quite jet-lagged," the GM joked in his first appearance with the press yesterday after the Pharaoh's 9-2 victory over the London Monarchs.

"Look, obviously the team was already geared up for the season when I arrived, I didn't want to shake up anything right away. I wanted to give everyone some time to show their stuff, both on the field and in the front office. Clearly they were on a pretty decent path when I got here," GM Skidmore continued.

The Pharaohs began their season at full steam, opening with 8 wins and 3 losses in their first two weeks, giving them an early but small lead. Per Bakhuis left the gates with an especially hot bat, slashing .389/.452/.611 with 6 XBH and averaging .476 in the last 6 games.

The Pharaohs play a rubber match with the Monarchs today before returning home to face the Buenos Aires Brisas.
Great start and remember: the only good bug is a dead bug
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”