Moderator: JRamirez

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Pharaoh Moans (2047 #16) - A Look at the Prospects

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Prospect Watch
By Khepri Quraishi, Egypt Today Sports
September 23, 2047

The Pharaohs have three prospects worth watching. Here’a peak.

Han-i Kim is the best of the bunch. Earlier this year he was pitching in college in Barcelona. Then the 19-year-old Korean was drafted by Cairo as the number one overall pick in the UMEBA amateur draft. Rather than providing him with the normal airline ticket to Taiwan to play in the rookie Chinese league, Cairo ordered him to report to the Chiriqui Roneros in the AA South American Baseball League. Cairo scouts considered him advanced enough to be able to play AA ball. And they were right. Chiriqui had a very successful season (83-57) despite being eliminated in the playoffs by powerhouse Asuncion (96-44) four games to two in the second round of the playoffs. Kim started 15 games for the Roneros and recorded a record of 7-3 with an ERA of 3.64. He struck 97 (in 99 innings) and walked only 32. Additionally he won both his playoff starts. With Kim being only 19, he is likely to play AAA ball next season at Pretoria. However, we may all get to see him in Spring Training come next spring.

Wibawa Subadio was Cairo’s first round pick in 2046. A two-way player in high school in Papua New Guinea, Subadio has been seeing action last year and this as a starting pitcher and as an outfielder with the Taiwan Koi Fish of the rookie Chinese Baseball League. His real future with Cairo is expected to be on the mound. After a rocky start last year as a pitcher, he posted a 4-6 mark this year with an excellent 2.58 ERA. He batted .273 when seeing action in the outfield. The expectation is that he will play next year at Class A Agana (Guam) in the Far East League.

Pavlushka Yalunin is already a bit familiar to Pharaoh fans as he was brought up at roster expansion time from AA Agana to get a look see at second base. Acquired in a trade with Tripoli, Yalunin was hitting just .250 when he was promoted. He was showing some good power, and he plays an excellent second base. He too might end up with Pretoria next season as he could probably use another year of development.

That’s a wrap.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Pharaoh Moans (2047 #16) - A Look at the Prospects

Post by Fat Nige » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:22 pm

This is on my to-do-list. I’ve just about finished my minor league affiliates reviews, just got South Guam to do. Then I’ll do a piece of my favourite prospects, not necessarily my top ones. Over the last 5-8 seasons I’ve really got in to my minors and enjoy writing about them. I’d like to make up more of a backstory to them but I just can’t find the time to do that.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”