Moderator: DanGladdenFC

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Pharaoh Moans (2047 #12) - The Hell with Mgowa

Post by scottsdale_joe » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:15 am

Go Away Hakim Ngowa
By Khepri Quraishi, Egypt Today Sports
September 1, 2047

Cairo spent $210,000 on a signing bonus to get Hakim Ngowa to join the Pharaoh organization on a minor league deal. The front office then immediately elevated him to the major league roster at the league minimum salary. GM Joe Geoghegan asked his agent what it would take to get Hakim to sign an extension. “$2.2 million for three years” was the answer. Geoghegan told the agent he’d discuss it with the rest of management and get back to him within a week. Reportedly the team was ready to make the offer only to be told that Ngowa had decided to test free agency instead. So much for being up front in his negotiations. Meanwhile Ngowa slumped to .154 with Cairo. While Ngowa may sit on the Pharaoh bench for the rest of the year, don’t expect to see him on the field very much. He’ll be in the dog house at the end of the bench.

So for the rest of the season Tyler Shacklady will be the second baseman. Or will he? With the arrival of roster expansion, Cairo unexpectedly elevated 21-year old second baseman Pavlushka Yalunin from AA Agana. With decent power and good defense, he’s rated the #59 overall prospect in the UMEBA. It seems a bit early to promote him, but we’ll see what happens.

Cairo decided not to promote first round draft pick Han-i Kim from Agana. He’s only 19 years old. Optimistically placed in AA right out of the draft, he has pitched very well -- 7-3, 3.52 ERA, 97 strikeouts, 32 walks, 1.4 WAR. Look for him at Spring Training next year.

That’s a wrap.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Pharaoh Moans (2047 #12) - The Hell with Mgowa

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 am

At least I only spent $27,000 on Nick Garner. I gave him a week in AAA to show why he was worth promoting to Riyadh . . . and he lasted five innings before tearing his rotator cuff. Next expected to be seen in 2048, luckily I hadn't upgraded his minor league deal to a minimum salary one lol
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”