Cairo Off-Season Report #2 (2054-2055)

GM: Dan Waller

Moderator: DanGladdenFC

Krathan
BBA GM

Cairo Off-Season Report #2 (2054-2055)

Post by Krathan » Sun May 21, 2023 12:21 pm

New Pharaos GM Nathan Garrison walked up and to the crowd of reporters at the Winter Meetings on his way to the Rule 5 draft. Not waiting for a specific question, Garrison spoke immediately.

“Good morning. I’ve heard a lot of people use the word redundant when talking about the moves we’ve made up to this point. Picking up Durán when we have Collins, signing Roman when we have MacLellan and McLane, acquiring Mendez when we have Garcia, and a couple of the other signings.

Well, I’m going to be blunt here. We’re talking about a team that has never been to the playoffs, has only finished as high as 3rd one time, and has never won more than 84 games in a season.

We have to acquire talent. At this point, we need the best players available in our budget. As a group playing a competitive game and trying to win more than this city is used to, we have to create competition on our own roster. We can’t have guys feeling comfortable. When everyone is comfortable, you finish comfortably behind the teams that are willing to do what it takes to compete.

Honestly, I want guys who are hungry. Guys who know that somebody is there who wants their roster spot, their lineup spot.

And I want guys who, if they end up being the second or third best option for us, are good enough that it makes sense for another team to give us something valuable in a potential trade scenario down the line.

We’ve working on signing a few other guys with the same goal of pushing the guys we already have and trying to field the best team possible.

Same philosophy in the minors. We have added a ton of young guys already and we’re looking to add more. I want to change the results, so I’ve got to change the methods.

I’ve got some more work to do. I’m headed to the Rule 5 draft to hopefully make another addition to our team you’ll probably have questions about. That’s all for now. Thanks guys.”

Garrison walked away as the reporters called out his name to ask follow-up questions. He seemed oblivious to them as he disappeared down the hallway.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars GM Sept. 2055-

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Cairo Off-Season Report #2 (2054-2055)

Post by Trebro » Sun May 21, 2023 10:02 pm

That's a solid approach and a good one to take. Sometimes you eat a contract but it's worth it.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”