Giza Gab 2052.4 - A Swift Turnaround

GM: Dan Waller

Moderator: DanGladdenFC

taylskid
Ex-GM

Giza Gab 2052.4 - A Swift Turnaround

Post by taylskid » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:52 pm

After just a single season with the Pharaohs, the GM skipper is resigning his position, effective at the end of the season.

"As much as baseball stays the same, sometimes things change quickly. I'm announcing today that I'm stepping aside as Cairo Pharaohs GM and returning State-side to manage the Charlotte Cougars," Pharaohs GM Taylor Skidmore said earlier today at a press conference. "I've enjoyed my time here very much, but the reality is, I do miss my family and friends. It's not an easy task to be an expatriate, and I just couldn't let the opportunity to both be closer to family and to prove my meddle in the BBA pass me by."

The Pharaohs had perhaps a worse year than their record may portray: even with a 82-80 record, they finished the season in sixth place. (This discrepancy is likely thanks to the London Monarchs, who did well to prop everyone else's standings up: they finished last in the GBC with a 48-114 record.)

The team leaders stayed pretty well consistent throughout the season:

On the pitching staff side of things, there probably isn't a lot to discuss other than Dmitry Zhivlyuk's stellar year. He was the only Pharaoh to earn any league-wide recognition this season, having won GBC pitching of the month for August. Zhivlyuk ended the year with a 15-7 record in 32 starts with an ERA of 3.41. He lead the league in wins, strikeouts, and WAR, with the second most innings pitched in the GBC. He shone bright this year, and the fans are eager to see what he'll bring to the bump next year.

The offense never really produced very well for the Pharaohs. They were 6th in the GBC for runs scored, at only 765 across the season. Jae-hyu Chi and Jung-kyoo Kim did what they could to keep the team afloat, but at the end of the day, baseball is a team sport, and the rest of the lineup never quite looked comfortable for most of the season.

"I never thought I'd be moving to Charlotte, North Carolina and be welcoming of the climate," GM Skidmore joked, "I really never quite got used to heat over here."

Stay cool out there, and we'll see you next year for another season with the Pharaohs!

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”