GM: VACANT
scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Pharaoh Moans (2047 #5) - Opening Day

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sat May 29, 2021 10:49 am

OPENING DAY!
By Khepri Quraishi, Egypt Today Sports
April 1, 2047

Opening Day has arrived. Ex-GM Woody Donahue left town headed for Boise in the BBA as the free agent signing period was drawing to a close. He made some sound structural changes to the roster and boldly predicted that the Pharaohs had a chance at playing .500 ball this season. That seems wildly optimistic. New GM Joe Geoghegan agrees: “I’d like to think we could reach .500, but our goal will be to win 70 games. That would be a 17-game improvement, and, in my opinion, even that goal is going to be a stretch. That said, I have zero experience in Middle East baseball, so we’ll see what happens.

Here’s how the opening day roster shakes out -- Basically it will be weak infield offense offset by good outfield offense. Catching depends on Diesel’s stats. DH looks strong.

1B: Lawrence Blanchard will start. In a surprise, Anastasio Díaz wikll be the backup here and at third base.
2B: Tyler Shacklady gets the nod despite a lackluster Spring Training.
SS: Quintin Trewartha will start, but Dashiell Fairebon will take over if Trewartha’s bat stays quiet.
3B: Francisco Hernandez will hold down the hot corner.
LF: Eliseu Satino will lead off and play left. Freddy Ayala will take over in the late innings.
CF: Michel Noël starts here. He was one of the few Pharaohs who hit well during the spring.
RF: Guillermo Ramírez also did well during the Spring.
C: Diesel Dave had four homers this spring but hit .148. Chris Glass backs up and showed surprising life at the plate in March.
DH: Seinosuke Muto is the brightest star in the offense.

Rotation: There are mostly question marks Bullpen:
Fernando Carrasco will be on the Injured List for most of the year. Newcomer free agent Jorge Fuentes won’t be ready for a month or so. That’s a wrap.

woods
Ex-GM

Re: Pharaoh Moans (2047 #5) - Opening Day

Post by woods » Sat May 29, 2021 11:41 am

Looks like you've got a pretty solid roster! I still stand by my prediction of .500 ball :D

I see Diesel Dave even drew a couple walks during Spring Training, which means he's in top form.

Fortunately for you the next sim is the roster crunch sim, so you can keep an eye out for players released by BBA teams and see if they can help fill any of your needs. If you're lucky maybe you can pounce on a few pitchers.

Good luck!
Woody Donahue
BBA GM
Boise Spuds (2047-2054)
Cairo Pharaohs - UMEBA (2046)

Vic Caleca UMEBA TN of the Year 2046

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Pharaoh Moans (2047 #5) - Opening Day

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sat May 29, 2021 12:41 pm

woods wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:41 am
Looks like you've got a pretty solid roster! I still stand by my prediction of .500 ball :D

I see Diesel Dave even drew a couple walks during Spring Training, which means he's in top form.

Fortunately for you the next sim is the roster crunch sim, so you can keep an eye out for players released by BBA teams and see if they can help fill any of your needs. If you're lucky maybe you can pounce on a few pitchers.

Good luck!
Thanks.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”