2051.2 Rico's Roughnecks - Faletosis Diagnosis

GM: Adam Olson

Moderator: Coliseum

RT60
BBA GM

2051.2 Rico's Roughnecks - Faletosis Diagnosis

Post by RT60 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:16 pm

On June 3, 2051, all of Buenos Aires held their collective breath as the team's 1st round draft pick in 2048 (2nd pick overall) made his first GBC start. It hadn't been that long of a wait for #3 GBC prospect Ielemia Faletose.

According to Faletose, "I was just 10 games into my first full season of AAA ball with the Ndali Barons, and had barely unpacked my suitcase. I got a call to get my ass on a plane to Sao Paolo as fast as possible. I feel bad for Turky, but I hear he is happy." Faletose gave up only one run in a solid five innings but settled for a no-decision is in debut. Since his call-up, he has gone 3-2 with a 4.11 ERA. Mayor Rico confirmed that the fans are very pleased and are looking forward to seeing their star prospect develop. "They got Faletosis!"

Team sources confirmed that patience had run out for Tulon Koruturk. He was the same pick in the draft for the Brisas in 2049 and had enjoyed a solid rookie campaign the year before with Tripoli going 10-7 with a 4.30 ERA. But he failed to maintain that form in his second season going 4-4 with a 5.80 ERA. Rumors are that the planes flying both players to their new teams crossed close to each other over the Atlantic. When asked about the demotion, Koruturk responded earnestly, "I am happy here at Ndali where I can keep developing without the pressure at Buenos Aires. I admit the Roughnecks scared me, even though they were trying to intimidate the other team. I will be back though. Have you seen their pitching pipeline?"

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”